Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Catching Spanish Mackerel in November

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by A_Swede_17_1911, Nov 4, 2005.

1. A_Swede_17_1911

Springfield Or USA
    Just wanted to share with you all. I went to Galveston yesterday (I live in Houston). Deceided to give some of the Jettys off the seawall, on the Gulf side of the Island a chance. Glad I did, was a beutiful day. The wind was fairly calm, out of the south, so wasnt that great, but the Spanish Mackerel were out, and I was catching em'. Was a beutiful day of fishing. I was just throwing a 3/8 oz- 1/2 spoons, in either Silver or Brass finshes, the Mackerel were hitting em, sometimes a little short. They sure are fast, and man can they run, had that 6'6" med/fast action casting rod, bent over and just the reels smooth drag, just letting that line slip out. Was a great day of fishing, sorry no pictures, I know its worthless with out picks but, what a great day of fishing.

Just wanted to share
  2. method

Cleveland, OH
    When I was a teenager, most of my birthdays were spent in Florida, as my BD coincided with spring break. My present from my dad on 4 of those trips was a private fishing charter, on a boat called The Rumrunner out of New Port Richey. Our second trip out with them, we got into some Spanish Mackerel. Between my mom, dad, and me, we probably landed 50 fish in a half day. When we got back to port, the charter captain dressed the fish, and took some to the chef at the hotel we were staying at, which was right next to where the boat was moored. We were served an incredible lunch of fresh Mackerel, probably the best fish I've ever eaten. Sounds like you had a fun outing also.