cat troubles

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by clever_21, Sep 20, 2005.

1. clever_21

clever_21

I've got a cat I saved from outside. She has been in that apt for over a month now and still wants to go outside. Paws at door, sniffs door cracks, meows and howls. She has been or acted in heat like 3 times already. I know to get her fixed and will do it soon, but doesnt this seem strange???

oh, just in case you were wondering she is an adorable all blackie named Mora

;f

thanks for the help

2. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

Not really strange. My cat was a strictly indoor cat until I moved into the townhouse where I live now. I have a very nice privacy fenced patio out back, and I let my cat go out there to play. It's a relativly safe enclosed place where she can get some fresh air, chase bugs, sunbathe, and talk to the birds. So now when I get home, after she greets me she makes a beeline to the back door and asks to go out.

3. S2nd

S2nd One happy cat

[$

I agree, it's not that strange at all.

4. clever_21

clever_21

are you sure??? She seems miserable! Not doubting you i just didnt know if i explained how sad she seems.

and going into heat 3 times in a month? Whats up with that???

will get some pics soon!!

;f ;f ;f ;f

5. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

I know it sounds sort of weird, but have you tried putting a collar or harness on Kitty and taking it for a walk?

Maybe your new pet is just "Pinin' for the Fjords" and needs to commune with nature once in awhile. After all, freedom is important to some critters and this one seems to see your home as nothing more than a big cage.

So if the animal seems all right when outside but freaks out when/after you bring it inside, maybe a bit of crate training is in order.

That'll tend to make the cat mad when it is in the crate and relieved when it is let out.

Get the idea? Just show Kitty that it could be worse (be very consistent--one single yowl at the door must always result in 10-20 minutes of crate time) and the little blighter will almost certainly shut up.

That, or it'll learn to enjoy living mostly in its crate.

Let us know how it goes. And please take it to a vet soon; the cries may be a sign of physical distress.

Heck, maybe IT is allergic to YOU. ;f ;a ;f

6. Cross-X

Cross-X CLM

We had a cat that was in heat contantly -- for years.

It turned out all she needed was some extra hormones. Go figure!

7. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Clever........

get her fixed ASAP........you will be happier and so will she. She will be content to stay inside then. These cats that go into heat are driven by this unbelievable urge to mate.......and they will try and try to get out.

A unfixed female cat will keep going into heat over and over and over again until she is bred......about every 10 days I think I read somewhere.

Just get her fixed.......save yourself some grief.........

8. Str8shootr

Str8shootr

Does anyone else's cat like to sit under the upside down laundry basket? Mine drives me nuts when I do laundry wanting me to put him under there.....geeesh

9. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

Mine likes to get in the laundry basket when I've got it emptied out. She thinks it's a great spot to lay down. Until I pick it up and take it back to the basement, anyway.;a