Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Native Mainiac
23,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a neat little thing you can try at home to see how stoopid...or smart maybe, your cat may be.

Just make a square of masking tape on the floor and see if goes and sits inside the "box".

Had cats when I was married. and despite myself enjoyed the antics most of the time.

But if you put a box on the floor, there would be a cat claiming it within a few minutes.

Lot more and video at link.

If it fits, it sits! Cats love sitting in boxes so much that they will mentally fill in the blanks of an optical illusion to make a square so they feel more secure while sitting
  • Animal behaviorists tested whether cats would sit in an optical illusion that looked like a square
  • The pets continually chose the real and 'fake' squares over the controls
  • That tendency reveals a 'susceptibility to illusory contours' researchers say
  • The experiments were conducted at home, where the cats would feel most secure

·
Registered
43,600 Posts
We have an outside cat that we let in throughout many days. She acts more like a dog than a cat but in the 1 time a box was left in the floor, she did sit in it.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Here's a neat little thing you can try at home to see how stoopid...or smart maybe, your cat may be.

Just make a square of masking tape on the floor and see if goes and sits inside the "box".

Had cats when I was married. and despite myself enjoyed the antics most of the time.

But if you put a box on the floor, there would be a cat claiming it within a few minutes.

Lot more and video at link.

If it fits, it sits! Cats love sitting in boxes so much that they will mentally fill in the blanks of an optical illusion to make a square so they feel more secure while sitting
  • Animal behaviorists tested whether cats would sit in an optical illusion that looked like a square
  • The pets continually chose the real and 'fake' squares over the controls
  • That tendency reveals a 'susceptibility to illusory contours' researchers say
  • The experiments were conducted at home, where the cats would feel most secure

View attachment 932041

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
If you think that's funny try this. All my cat did was lick it, but she's a little **** who ignores catnip.

It's probably a little mean, like the laser pointer thing, but it entertaining.

The consensus is it looks like a lizard or a snake to them.
LOL! They probably think it is a snake?

·
Native Mainiac
23,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you think that's funny try this. All my cat did was lick it, but she's a little **** who ignores catnip.

It's probably a little mean, like the laser pointer thing, but it entertaining.

The consensus is it looks like a lizard or a snake to them.
Ha-Ha....that's great.

I don't think it's mean at all...you got to keep the furr balls on their toes. Wish I'd know this trick years ago.

·
Anti-Federalist
21,423 Posts
LOL! They probably think it is a snake?

My cat loves to try and chase one of our big black racers. Whenever we go outside I've gotta do a snake check before I let her out. The snake is also helping keep the rodent population down.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I remember one time where one of our cats got masking tape on her feet....One of the hardest laughing fits I ever had. I don't think she would have freaked out any more if she was on fire.
Mine is the opposite nothing really freaks her out or scares her. This is why I have leash trained her because I like to let her out when we are out there because she loves it but she is too stupid to be scared of anything. She is dumb enough to walk right up to a coyote thinking it's one of our dogs. It's funny too because the dogs seem to realize this our pit bull lab mix watches her like a hawk when she is outside.

She does love lasers though

·
Anti-Federalist
21,423 Posts
Mine is the opposite nothing really freaks her out or scares her. This is why I have leash trained her because I like to let her out when we are out there because she loves it but she is too stupid to be scared of anything. She is dumb enough to walk right up to a coyote thinking it's one of our dogs. It's funny too because the dogs seem to realize this our pit bull lab mix watches her like a hawk when she is outside.

She does love lasers though

Mine likes to climb trees and I never could get her leash trained. She does listen however, when it's time to go in I let her know and we walk to the door.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Mine likes to climb trees and I never could get her leash trained. She does listen however, when it's time to go in I let her know and we walk to the door.

View attachment 932082
I'm pretty sure mila wouldn't know to climb a tree if she was in danger lol she just ain't bright. Best cat I've ever had sweet as can be bit dumb as a box of rocks

1 - 20 of 51 Posts