close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cat musk????

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Lynn D, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Lynn D

Lynn D Bullseye?

Seems that I forget to ask the vet when I take Lena in for her annual check up.

Lena is a 6 year old female, spayed kitty. Occasionally, when she's excited or pissed off, she'll have a very strong, almost musky odor coming from her rear quarters. If this gets on me or my clothes, it takes a good deal of cleaning (lots of soap and water) to get rid of the odor.

Any idea what this is? It's not urine. And my previous male cats never did anything like this.

Thanks.

Lynn

2. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

its prolly a good squeeze of the anal glands. we had a golden years ago, and when she squeezed them (by sitting/leaning funny, or knockin them around during a general cleaning), she could clear the entire floor of the house.

perhaps that is it? :)

3. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

When Precious gets riled she exudes that same nasty smell, Whew. :shocked: :freak: :crying: :rollingeyes: :wow: :woohoo: :faint:

I believe it is a "normal" thing for a kitty, who is upset, to do. Yuck! :yuck:

4. Lynn D

Lynn D Bullseye?

Thanks, folks. Yeah, I'm not worried about it....I just hate when it happens cause it stinks. Whew! Sometimes, I just get a whiff and call her "stinky butt".

But, she's a cat, so what does she really care?

:)

Lynn