close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

cat losing hair

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by tony4311, Jun 5, 2007.

1. tony4311

tony4311

Lately the fur on my cats belly is disappearing. We've had the vet check and they did a few tests and found nothing. They gave us some vitamins to try and they've done nothing. For awhile it was just on her belly so I thought it was just from rubbing on the ground. (she's got a bit of loose skin there) but it's spread a bit recently. She does like herself often but I haven't had a cat before so I don't know if it's more then normal. Any thoughts or ideas?

before & current
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:sad:

2. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

When my older girl Precious gets irritated, by the Landlord's cats, she licks compulsively and removes a patch of fur off her tummy. All it takes is one of the cats to sit outside a window and meow, they used to live in my apartment and still think it their home. Once Precious gets over the fray she stops pulling at her belly fur. Of course I need to give her extra attention and fuss over her for a few days to calm her down.

:shocked: :sad:

3. tony4311

tony4311

Well she's not stressed or acting different in any way. It's been like this for a number of months but has gotten a little worse lately.

She's due for a vet checkup soon but I'm looking for anything in the mean time.