close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cat Hater Convert

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by JackC53, Aug 21, 2004.

1. JackC53

JackC53 Learn About Deep State Millennium Member

I am a third-generation hater of cats. A neighbor's cat changed my opinion. Six years ago my daughter rescued a cat from the local SPCA; she was abused/neglected. I was skeptical at first.

The minute we got her home she jumped out of the box and acted like she'd lived with us all her life. She is the MOST affectionate pet I've ever known. She is VERY clean about herself, litter box, etc. There are times when she just wants to be alone but those are few. Mostly, she likes to stay right up against me or my daughter.

Whenever I lay on the couch she jumps up and gives me a "massage"; what a RIOT! Adopting her was the best thing we ever did!

jAK-47

[​IMG]

2. 9jeeps

9jeeps

Have had 1 or two cats for 20 + years now. And it amazes me how they will go to people that want nothing to do with em. They must sense something.

Anyway that's a great pix and a healthy cat.

9jeeps

3. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

Aww, that's sweet.

Most kittens who were 'socialized' with humans will grow up to be affectionate cats. It's like they never progress past kittenhood and you become their new mommy. Has something to do with providing food and petting them, I've heard.

9jeeps, looking directly at a cat is considered a challenge. Most people who like cats look at them and those who don't turn away. The cat feels less threatened by the ones who avoid eye contact, and so, they're the ones they go to.

Cat behaviour is fascinating and not really all that surprising when you understand their motivations.

One of my strays moved in like he owned the place. He'd be lying on or against me any time I quite moving. I could get him to come when I snapped my fingers.

[​IMG]

Laura

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

My Fred comes running when I call his name ;g

5. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

i'd buy that in a second.

my parents cat (who i lived with for a several years when they had this cat...they still do, but i've been outta the house for 6 yrs now), is the sweetest cat around.

she is even sweeter to my mom, who is her feeder. when my mom's around the rest of us don't get the time of day, except my sister, who she slept with until a month ago, when *she* moved out!

the feeding has to be the biggest part...

6. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

I really do think that pets adopted from shelters are just grateful to be "rescued" and out of that environment.

The siamese rescue that I have now has really blossomed in his personality. He seems so happy to just be "loved".

Hates off to you Jack....and your whole family for doing something good, and rescuing that little girl from the shelter. I am glad that you are thrilled with her!!

See??? Cats are great!!!

7. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

1) i agree completely that rescue animals love you more...hands down.

2) please tell me that 'hates' thing was on purpose!!! funny!!!!!!!

8. MrsKitty

MrsKitty