Cat Chopper Road Rallies

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by F14Scott, Apr 10, 2005.

1. F14Scott

F14Scott Luggage CLM

O.K., here's the scoop.

I'm a sales manager with the Cat dealership in central Illinois, eastern Iowa, and NE Missouri, Altorfer Inc. We're bringing the O.C.C. Caterpillar chopper (tune in to Discovery on this Monday at 2100 CDT to see it finished in part 2 of 2) to three dealership locations in June. Here are the dates and locations:

Friday, June 3, East Peoria, IL, 1700-2000 CDT
    Saturday, June 4, Cedar Rapids, IA, 1500-1800 CDT
    Sunday, June 5, Davenport, IA 1500-1800 CDT

At each of the locations, we will have a big open house with a great band (Exit, www.exitrox.com), food, beer, machine demonstrations and test drives, door prizes, the Cat 22 NASCAR race car (obviously, a retired one, but still a full-up race car that they'll crank up - loudly), and, obviously, the brand new Cat Chopper on display.

Two hours prior to each event, yours truly will lead a big motorcycle road rally, stopping twice along the way before arriving at the open house.

To help us get an estimate of the crowd and to keep out the riff raff, we're charging $10 (in advance)/$15 (at the door) for an all access wrist band, and are donating 100% of the proceeds of those sales to Children's Hospital of Illinois and Iowa. The wrist band gets you everything except beer, including food and drink. Kids 10 and under are free with a paid adult.

They're going to be fun, family-oriented events. The one in Peoria is going to be big, being the world headquarters of Cat, with an estimated 1500+ people coming.

The rides, I'm afraid, will lean heavily to "touring" and not at all toward "sport," but it should be a big crowd of RUBs, OCC fans, ABATE clubs, Gold Wingers, and, I'm hoping, some sport-bike riders. I'm actively discouraging the 1% crowd, and everybody I've talked to doesn't seem to care that I'm leading what will likely be a parade of Harleys on my shiny red Interceptor.

Fellow GTers, please consider this your official invitation to come and join the fun.

Who's with me?!

2. F14Scott

F14Scott Luggage CLM

I should add that I'll be posting more specifics when they become available, i.e. when I get around to planning them!

3. Texas T

Texas T TX expatriate CLM

Hey!!!! Ain't nothing wrong with low and slow!
    :soap:

;f

I'd join ya, but it's a bit of a haul for a single day event. :)