close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cast bullets, conversion barrels, magazines?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bruchi, Feb 22, 2010.

1. bruchi

bruchi

A few questions here:

You need to swap to an aftermarket barrel in order to be able to shoot cast bullets on your Glock, the original barrel will not do?

I plan to get as an upgrade to my G17 a KKM barrel, the one with the square compensator, can I shoot cast bullets with this barrel?

I also plan to get a conversion 40-9mm for my G23, will this take care as well of the cast bullet thing?

Will all aftermarket barrels made for Glocks work fine with cast bullets?

Lastly, will my 9mm magazines for the G17, the 17 and the 33 round ones work on the G23 with the 9mm conversion barrel, what about the original G23 magazines?

2. table

table

it is recommended that you get an aftermarket barrel with standard rifling to shoot cast/lead bullets. the original Glock rifling tends to dirty up quick with them. i have talked to many reloaders that shoot lead out of their original Glock barrels and do fine. just clean it well after every shoot.

you can use the KKM barrel i believe if it has standard rifling

if you get a LW 40-9 conversion barrel you will have no problem shooting lead

3. mtnglocker

mtnglocker

I use a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel and G17 mag in my G27, for the range and could shoot lead out of it. My G27 using original mags did not feed the 9mm reliably when using the Lone Wolf 9mm barrel, but the G17 mag worked fine.

Of course, before leaving the range, the G27 goes back to stock form!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010