close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CARVER Mounts... the best you can get!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by LoveGlocks, Sep 9, 2003.

1. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Fellow Glock Shooters,

I just want to publicly thank Bobby Carver for his service on one of my Carver mounts. I did a bone-headed thing... using blue loctite on the bolts that hold the locking lug in place when I should have just tighten the bolts just "snug" like the directions state.

Without getting into too much detail on my error... Bobby Carver helped me rectify the problem without making me feel like a bone head!

Mr. Carver is a class act and Carver Enterprises is a super company to deal with.

If you are thinking of a mount for a red dot scope that is frame mounted... Carver Mounts are the ones to get for many reasons!

Thanks again,

Frank

2. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I have heard good things about the Carver System and plan to get one when (if :) ) I get promoted. My question is this ... Can the hunter model that allows the regular sights to also be include a rail on the bottom plate for attachment of lights and or lasers? I would love to build a "Homeland Defense" pistol with a red dot on it and use it for GSSF as well. :)

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Frank,

Don't feel bad. I used red loctite at the same place.

Foto,

The Hunter Model allows regular sights, but it takes up the accessory rail space, just as the competition model does.

4. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I realize it takes up the space but can a "new" rail be adapted to the plate that locks the mount on. It would seem to me that a adapter might be possible to put a mini picatinny rail on the bottom of the Carver Mount. :)

5. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Foto,

We use a flat insert on the bottom of the underlug that is part of the mounting system for the mount. We are currently designing an "optional" insert with a mini-rail that can be used in place of the current insert. The mini-rail will allow accessories like tactical lights to be used while using a scope, too.

We hope to have this addition completed soon but at the present, I cannot give you an ETA. As soon as this part becomes available, I would be happy to email you if you would send me your email address. You can email that information to me at carvermounts@msn.com

Thanks for your interest in your mounting systems and "keep you eye on the front sight".