close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CARVER mount on G22C?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by shooter2, Nov 13, 2003.

1. shooter2

shooter2 Millennium Member

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Suggest you E-mail BCarver directly for a quick, professional opinion.;)

3. shooter2

Thanks, Danny! I've already consulted with Bobby on this, and while I respect his opinion and have noted it, he's not exactly an unbiased source. ;)

I'm still interested in hearing from anyone who runs this particular setup in competition, with pics if possible. I'm thinking the CARVER mount is the way to go, but I'm still afraid of melting my sight. ;P

4. jjayh

jjayh

I use the "Hunter" model Carver mount on a 17C with a C-More sight. The thing with the C-More mount is that it has the blast shield, plus with the hunter model it sits a little higher off the gun. I have no problems with this setup what so ever. I know this isn't the exact setup you ask about, but maybe something to consider.

Jerry H

5. shooter2

jjayh:

You don't find the "Hunter" model to put the sight too high?

Bobby suggested the "Hunter", as well as moving the OKO back slightly on the weaver rail - in effect making the front part of the rail an improvised shield, similar to the C-More mount.

Additionally, he has arranged for me to "test drive" a CARVER mount once I get my Unlimited gun together... that alone gets him HUGE props in my book!

6. jjayh

jjayh

There is a little trade off to having the sight higher, but I originally got the Hunter because I wanted to leave my regular sights on. What I found was that the extra height was a minor issue (I sighted it in dead on at 25 yards, at really close range, say 5 yards, it will hit just a little low), and I have no ejection problems even without lowering the ejection port (a recommended modification for the competition mount).

Bobby really is the great guy everyone says he is. If he says he'll do something you can bet on it.

Jerry H

7. njl

njl

Shooter2: did you ever build this thing?

I've got a Hunter/C-more on a 21C and using the C barrel, I would get hit with the gases and residue coming out from the ports. I only shoot it now with non-ported barrels.

I'm also curious if the OKO works on the competition mount (like on a 34) without having to lower the ejection port as with the Competition/C-More setup.