close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carver Malfunctions

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by fortyfiveacpdvc, Oct 26, 2004.

1. fortyfiveacpdvc

fortyfiveacpdvc

Guys,

I just put the new Carver/Weaver on the new G34. I'm getting a rather strange malfunction where the empty gets wedged between the slide and the rear of the weaver rail.

Suggestions? (Other than cutting off the rear of the weaver rail I mean!)

Craig Park

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Lower your ejection port and tune you ejector. If you e-mail Bobby directly he can guide you in the right direction.

3. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Craig,
    The problem that you are having is not too uncommon if any of the following are happening:

1. You are using light handloads with a stock recoil spring. This retards the slide from its full rearward force to eject the brass accordingly.

2. Your trigger pin is too tight. You should only tighten it until it's snug and then apply some blue or red loctite to prevent the pin from loosening. A trigger pin too tight will squeeze your frame and will retard the unlocking of the slide and cause the slide to perform as stated in #1 above.

3. If you are using a tube sight on your weaver rail that is positioned to the rear where the tube is hanging over the ejection port.

The brass from a Glock, when ejected, is projected up and to the right. Whenever you have something like a scope above the ejection port, sometimes the brass will hit the tube and fall back into the ejection port.

Without knowing what ammo you are shooting and other details as listed above, it would be hard to target the remedy. Our mounts were designed so that the brass would not hit our mount if mounted on a stock gun shooting factory ammo. If you are using handloads, you may need to use a lighter recoil spring.

We recommend the lowering of your ejection port when using a CMore or Aimpoint Competition mount because the mount sits so low and the sight hangs over the ejection port. We have found that our CARVER Weaver base mount has not had that problem. MANY shooters are using our mount and have never had their ejection port lowered and have no problems with brass ejection; whereas, other competitors have had problems. Since all Glocks have different tolerances, fine tuning your Glock is sometimes necessary. Once again, it's not the mount that the brass hits but the sight so if you are having that problem, you may want to adjust the recoil spring to match your ammo or reposition your scope.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to email me at carvermounts@msn.com

Thanks,
    Bobby

4. fortyfiveacpdvc

fortyfiveacpdvc

Thanks Bobby,

#'s 1 and #3 apply. I'm using an ultra dot, and 147's loaded with 3.5 American Select, so it's pretty light and the rear of the UD has an eye cup that, after reading your reply, I bet is the problem. I'll try taking that off first then go sequentially after that.

Thanks for the hints. That's a good lookin' mount you make!

Craig

5. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Craig,
    Thanks for your generous words. We take alot of pride in our mounts and want to provide the best possible mount that we can offer. If we can offer any other assistance, please let us know. I'm looking forward to next year's match at SLC. You have a great range on the hill.

Best regards,
    Bobby