close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

cartridge adapters

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by minuteman32, Oct 9, 2004.

1. minuteman32

minuteman32 NRA & GOA Life

Does anyone know of a company that makes cartidge adapters? I knew of a guy in AK that made them, but lost the info in a move. I'm looking to get one for an ooooold 12 ga. shotgun in 9mm, .45 ACP, etc. They used to make a thin called a .410er, but that was by Savage Arms, I believe, and the 2 are not affiliated.
    Thanks for any info anyone has.

2. Tptoe

Tptoe

What is a cartrige adapter and what does it do ?

3. skfullgun

skfullgun

4. Tptoe

Tptoe

Does anyone have experience using one of these in a .308?

In other words converting in order to fire 7.62x.39. I'm not saying that I would use it .. but if I did I would try it in my FN FAL.

5. skfullgun

skfullgun

I've always heard they work, sometimes. That said, the standard opinion seems to be that they are o.k. for bolt-actions and single shots so that you can be certain the insert isn't ejected automatically with a spent shell. Some seem to think they are dangerous in semi-autos due to the concern of the insert coming loose, or partially loose, and causing a headspace problem.

6. Snakeyes

Snakeyes

Last time I checked cartridge adapters were being made by Lothar-Walther. They work very well in bolt action rifles, eg: you can use a 7.65 (.32ACP) round in a .308 rifle. Which also by the way, is VERY quiet...
    They have a whole list of adapters, dont know their web address though...maybe Google it???

7. Snakeyes

Snakeyes

8. minuteman32

minuteman32 NRA & GOA Life

Unfortunately, they all seem to be for rifles/pistols, and what I was looking for was a 12ga. shotgun addapter that would let me fire 9mm or .357 or .45acp, or almost anything other than 12 ga. shotgun shells. I have an ancient single shot shotgun that really isn't safe enough to fire shotgun shells in, but could probably handle something smaller.
    Thanks for the info anyway.