close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cars for sale

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by nikerret, Jan 1, 2013.

1. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

2. kiole

kiole

Salt water + cars = I wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole. I'd imagine almost everything is junk on these cars.

3. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

And they will prob be showing up, on lots, across the country.

4. The Fed

The Fed

It's for that reason I'm leary about buying a another used car.

5. Dan_ntx

Dan_ntx

The vast majority of these cars will be bought and resold by a company like Copart...that is what they do. I wouldn't worry about seeing any of these vehicles on a car lot near you...but the parts certainly will be.

Once a title is branded "flood" or "salvage" it's done...the tales of washing a brand off a title are long gone, all 50 states have reciprocal agreements that maintain title brands.

Good news is that your local wrecking yard is about to get a bunch of new...slightly rusty, parts. Stay away from the electrical and computer components and you should be fine.

6. Tranger

Tranger

I'm looking for used or salvage car now and I came up with this auction with wrecked cars for sale and there are a lot of flood cars there, and I'm in two minds now, is it better than buying a car with accident damage for example? I've been said that if the water level wasn't deep enough to cause problems with the electronics and engine than it might be fine.

7. Tranger

Tranger

I'm thinking of buying Sandy car. I checked many rebuildable cars for sale and found the one I like at EasyExport, but I never dealt with auto auctions for salvage cars or with flooded cars in general so I am still in two minds.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  8. JDennis

JDennis

Flood cars are the absolute worse thing you can do! Especially salt water ones. With all of the electronics nowadays all you will be doing is chasing electrical gremlins. Lots of cars are totalled for bags popping. Doesn't even have to be a hard hit. Those are the ones you want to go after for a rebuildable. Or better yet a theft recovery.