Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably well known problem and solution but for me carrying in pants that don't have belt loops or only tighten up by use of a drawstring was difficult but also a requirement as I wear these types of clothes almost everyday. Until recently would tighten the drawstring so much it would hurt in order for me to be able to get a proper draw. Never liked belly bands, to hot for me. Recently though I started just putting my belt on and covering it up with my drawstring pants. Sounds weird but works really well with a undershirt. I probably got the idea from GlockTalk but never tried till last week and now I am not going back. Conceals perfectly, holster won't come out with gun on draw and, I don't have to buy some other un-tested (for me) holster. I can carry anything anywhere very excited about this simple fix, not sure why it took so long to try.

·
rip "Bud"
10,000 Posts
Because of having narrow hips I have a hard time with banded anything. Even with some kinds of undershorts. So many years ago while wearing suspenders with Tool Belts I evolved to bib overalls and then suspenders for all trousers... So most of the time I wear tool belt suspenders on trousers, about 35 years now.

I can get by with Side Clips on my weapons from P32 Keltecs to Full Sized Glocks. Plus my usual stuff in my pockets plus extra mags or hand tools in my remaining pockets... I do wish I had hips that would allow belts.... If I do I'm constantly jerking up my trousers just like my dad did all his life. O well.....

·
Registered
35,713 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a couple pairs of undertech boxers from the glockstore. I think they're about 40 bucks a pop or so. But theyre comfy and holster very well. They have front ambi as well as backside holsters sewn into the fabric. Retention strength is good enough, they have locking loops to throw over the handgrip and you probably couldn't be any closer to the body or deeper concealment without getting one of those weird pull out(I never pull out) things that hand below your belt.

·
Registered
32,890 Posts
Probably well known problem and solution but for me carrying in pants that don't have belt loops or only tighten up by use of a drawstring was difficult but also a requirement as I wear these types of clothes almost everyday. Until recently would tighten the drawstring so much it would hurt in order for me to be able to get a proper draw. Never liked belly bands, to hot for me. Recently though I started just putting my belt on and covering it up with my drawstring pants. Sounds weird but works really well with a undershirt. I probably got the idea from GlockTalk but never tried till last week and now I am not going back. Conceals perfectly, holster won't come out with gun on draw and, I don't have to buy some other un-tested (for me) holster. I can carry anything anywhere very excited about this simple fix, not sure why it took so long to try.
Inner belt with holster on it, such as an Uncle Mike's nylon slide holster? Then loose shorts or pants on over that?

I've suggested that on GT over past few decades :)

·
I'm your huckleberry....
18,004 Posts

·
Adirondacker with a Glock
2,806 Posts
I do wish I had hips that would allow belts.... If I do I'm constantly jerking up my trousers just like my dad did all his life. O well.....
Hah! In recent years I've had to shorten my pants because my waistline is getting lower. Suspenders sound like a good solution!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts