close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carrying the full size M&P 9mm

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by BadAndy, Feb 24, 2010.

1. BadAndy

BadAndy

The grip is a bit long for summer clothes carry (for me anyways) but with a slightly bigger shirt or sweater/jacket over, it's not too bad. My only problem with the FS models is the beavetail. It kept jabbing my spare tire and even if the holster I use (Mr. Softy) had a sweat shield, it would still be uncomfortable. So I chopped the beavertail off and smoothed it down. It didn't serve any purpose with my small hands so it was no loss at all. It is a lot more comfortable to carry now! 20 minutes with a dremel using a cut off wheel to cut the bulk of it then a sanding roll to shape it and finally some fiber type discs to clean it up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

Looks good. I have carried the FS .40 a few times and didn't care for the beavertail. Instead of changing it I just went back to the G23 and use the M&P for other stuff.

3. Linux3

Linux3

Very interesting. I carry a FS 9MM too. Well, sometimes.
    I'll have to give your mod a little thought. This is the kind of thing I'm glad I ran into.

4. SSG19

SSG19

Very interesting.....I've carried a 9mm FS a lot this winter here in Texas, found that I need to slide it to the 3 o'clock position to keep the butt from printing when I bend over. Otherwise (even though I have to deal with the spare tire issue, too) I haven't had any other problems. Nice looking mod........

Stu

5. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

I just started carrying my M&P9 FS. I can conceal it just as good as I G19. I use an MTAC, And it is very comfortable. I still want the 9C...Just because.

6. AWMP

AWMP

Look great, I had to pull out my full size to compare.