Carrying on Vacation

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by rahulanand1130, Jan 30, 2010.

1. rahulanand1130

rahulanand1130

Hey all i have a non resident florida carry permit and am planning a road trip to Panama City Beach for my spring break. I was wondering if anyone knew the carry laws there.

2. rahulanand1130

rahulanand1130

3. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

Same here. Not sure where you're from, but my state (IN) is reciprocal with Florida and all the states I'll be driving through to get there. My understanding (and please FL residents correct me if I'm wrong) is that if we are reciprocal, we are good to go for concealed carry in accordance with the FL no go zones. Apparently, FL allows no open carry whatsoever, so you've got to cover up.

I will be visiting Sanibel--are there any local issues there? The whole island isn't off limits as a state park is it?

4. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

If I read your question correctly, no you do not obey Florida law if you are carrying in a reciprocal state. You obey the law of the state you are physically in.

5. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

THIS is correct

6. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

And to be honest you really need to KNOW these things for yourself. By that I mean read the actual laws of the state you are travelling to and know them inside and out. Don't rely on an internet bulletin board to give you these answers.

My customary answer to these types of questions is now complete.