Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with laws point me to anything I can read to learn about carrying and use of a firearm for protection from wild animals in Florida State Parks? We frequently hike with our dogs and up 'til now have never had a problem but I know there are wild pigs in the area. Hopefully none ever charge us.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
You could have found your answer with far less typing with a google search . You can legally conceal carry on State lands but word of advise Don't open carry unless your all squared away during hunting season . If you shoot a hog it had better be do to a live or die reason out side on hunting season And have a hunting license . Hogs are not really a concern to personal safety unless you smell good enough to eat and your close !! HA . There not like a attack dog !! Hogs see's you there leaving , They smell you there concerned to get gone too . I know I spend my first 42 year there much of that trapping or hunting hogs .

Go down to Fakahatchee Strand some time for a day walk . You might get to see panthers and bears up closer than most folks will ever get to most hogs .

And to help you a bit more -
http://myfwc.com/hunting/by-species/wild-hog/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts