Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Enigma
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My carry philosophy is:
Of the concealable pistols I own, carry one I would prefer in hand if I had to defend myself.
There is nowhere I would prefer to defend my life a 38 snub/LCP rather than a Glock 19/23 (or 1911) and I carry accordingly.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
If I have to carry but my clothes don’t work for a full sized, I find the Sig Sauer P365 9 mm and an North American Arms 22 WMR/Magnum to be just fine.

Even a S&W 640 357 Magnum 5 Shot in the pocket works for me, though (with 357 Magnum).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
How about a different opinion? I live in Florida, so shorts and a tee shirt is what I wear most days I'm not at work. I find pocket carry works for me. I mostly carry a 357 stubby (loaded with 38s), or a Ruger small 380. Sometimes I still carry a small 32acp. More power to you guys who carry full-sized. If I had to carry a G17, I'd prob just not carry.

·
Registered
135 Posts
How about a different opinion? I live in Florida, so shorts and a tee shirt is what I wear most days I'm not at work. I find pocket carry works for me. I mostly carry a 357 stubby (loaded with 38s), or a Ruger small 380. Sometimes I still carry a small 32acp. More power to you guys who carry full-sized. If I had to carry a G17, I'd prob just not carry.
I have to or choose to?

'Murica!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

·
JAFO
4,644 Posts
It's all a matter of personal preference and how the weather requires one to dress. I carried my G23 year round up until I got the G43X and it's a lot easier to dress around the G43X.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Bad guys don’t obey the rules of good neighborhood, bad neighborhood. There’s no lines that they can’t and won’t cross. Some places may be habitually safer, but no guarantees. Glock 19 is the smallest I go, 17 or 45 if I know I’m in a rougher area. Carry what you shoot confidently.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Same gun, everyday. I don't subscribe to changing it out for weather, "deep concealment" (whatever that means...), horoscope predictions, or areas of town. I want consistency and reliability. Reliability not just in the gun, but my personal carry system itself. Training is easier and more fruitful as well.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
The opposite ends of the spectrum.

For the first methodology, that work spectacularly as long as you actually do it. If you have a G19 size gun on you wherever you go, your in fine shape If you find yourself leaving the gun home part of the tune because it's to much of a PITA to carry, you need to rethink.
My carry philosophy is:
Of the concealable pistols I own, carry one I would prefer in hand if I had to defend myself.
There is nowhere I would prefer to defend my life a 38 snub/LCP rather than a Glock 19/23 (or 1911) and I carry accordingly.
My question here is if the SHTF, are one of these the gun you'd want to fight with? Yes they're easy to carry, but when you need it, you may be behind the eight ball. And nowadays, there are better choices. If you can carry a .357 Snub, I'd bet dollars to donuts you could also carry anything from a G43 to a P365 or Hellcat, and get a lot more ammo (and a better round if you stoking the snubbie with .38s.) You don't need to go full sized, but even given your hot weather carry, you can carry something more effective.

·
Registered
14,433 Posts
My carry philosophy is:
This is an excellent philosophy, and one that I share, and promote to my students and clients.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
My carry philosophy is:

My G33 allows me to carry a small gun but have 11 rounds of big gun power. No compromise.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Rotating between a 1917 and 45 gives me the same familiar trigger pull it’s the same double stack Glock and points the same exact way every time. Only thing that changes is capacity

·
Registered
442 Posts
Rotating between a 1917 and 45 gives me the same familiar trigger pull it’s the same double stack Glock and points the same exact way every time. Only thing that changes is capacity

1 - 20 of 208 Posts