Carrying at the Republican National Convention....

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by El Viajero, Mar 25, 2016.

1. El Viajero

El Viajero Banned

Why would they be upset? It should be the RNC who decides whether it is ok or not as they are the ones in charge. It just seems to go against the pro-gun values they tout.

2. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

I think that the SS would be upset because there would likely be an AD at the locker area.

3. Bryanmc57

Bryanmc57

If true, that doesn't speak well of the people walking around armed, does it? I lockered my pistol at courthouses and jails for 24 years and never had or heard of a ND. Why do you think there would be a ND? You realize there is no manipulation of the weapon to locker it, right? It comes out of the holster and into the locker, when leaving it comes out of the locker and into the holster.

4. SCmasterblaster

Not everyone is as good as a gun handler as you and me. There are auto accidents every day in the USA.

5. Bryanmc57

Bryanmc57

Well, if you can't safely carry and handle a firearm, you have no business carrying one in public (especially if you can't unholster and reholster it without firing it). Maybe they should just get a bunch of coat hooks for folks to hang their pistols on. :dunno:

Bruce M, dinguskang and El Viajero like this.
  6. SCmasterblaster

No, then folks would have ADs when they hang their pistols up via the trigger guard.

El Viajero likes this.
  7. Bryanmc57

Bryanmc57

Excellent point.

El Viajero likes this.
  8. njl

njl Crusty Member

Do concealed weapons permits ever carry any weight when in the presence of someone (in this case, multiple someones) with a Secret Service protection detail?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  9. chiefjack

chiefjack

I am very pro 2nd Amendment, but this is not a very good battle to fight. We will have the eyes of the world on this convention because of the noteriety of Donald Trump. The last thing we as responsible gun owners need is some dumb ass waving his/her gun around like some of the open carry zealots do to make their point.

10. ARP

ARP

Well considering I'm 99% certain I'll be working outside the venue, and I have the Utah non resident, I still will not be carrying. But I probably will have non lethal streaming pepper spray with me. The thought comes to mind of an altercation between protester and supporter that goes waaaaaay too far and suddenly, you have an incident. Also the thought comes to mind about what occasionally happens at gun shows, a ND. I'd like to believe that everyone carrying is diligent and has great trigger and brain control, but.......you never know.

Inside the arena? No chance of making that happen, unless you are working the event as LEO. And there will be more Police there inside and out than you could ever imagine. 2000 sets of riot gear on order. Tells you a lot right there.

11. Bruce M

Bruce M

There you go trying to ruin a perfectly good rant with little legal technicalities...

[​IMG]

:rofl::rofl:

12. El Viajero

El Viajero Banned

Using that line of thinking people should not be allowed to carry anywhere as they may have an accidental ND. I think it's silly for people to be prohibited from carrying because they may have an accident. Furthering your analogy is like saying they should not have car shows because all those people driving might include an idiot who has an accident.

13. El Viajero

El Viajero Banned

Folks carried long arms at rallies Obama was at during the 2012 campaign. I don't think it is up to them but I'm sure it makes their job harder. Either way that's not my problem as I am a law abiding citizen.

14. El Viajero

El Viajero Banned

When is it a good battle to fight? If we say that we can't be trusted with firearms in this instance then we are saying we can't be trusted with firearms in other instances.

15. CarryTexas

CarryTexas

This is a change.org petition. They're a leftist group. This is just a ploy to further divide the GOP.

16. mattallamerican

mattallamerican

Cleveland is one giant getto I wont go there without a gun

El Viajero likes this.
  17. ARP

ARP

Yup, you know the drill.

In the county I reside, it was a Democrat hot bed for years, seems that every presidential election cycle they manage to get a visit from the leading presidential candidate. It may have been the last time around, but some guy showed up at the rally with a CC. He was "detained" for questioning until the event was over and gone, then released. I would imagine the same thing would happen to anyone who walked into the convention CC.

The arena, private property, has a NO WEAPONS rules in place already. Show up for a Cavs game, must pass thru metal detectors, got a weapon, you are not coming into the game. You want to mingle around in the crowd outside the venue at the convention, I personally think would be a foolish thing to do, CC away if you have a permit. You are not going to get beyond the perimeter security at the door CC. Guarantee you get cuffed and stuffed and spend anywhere from a few hours to days in lockup, detained for questioning by the SS.

18. ARP

ARP

Not at all. Stay on subject of the RNC in Cleveland. You want to carry outside the venue in the crowd and you have a permit, have at it. You want to CC in a security zone inside the Arena, forget it. You will be detained and questioned.

19. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

You are the winner sir. MSM was trying to entrap Trump yesterday with the question of CCW at the convention. This smells to high heaven to me. It shouldn't even be a question that is asked.

20. ARP

ARP

The arena already has rules in place prohibiting weapons in the arena. If the OP wants to carry out in the crowd where CC is legal and he has a permit, have at it. In the arena where the candidates will be, rules already in place, SS covering the candidates, Cleveland PD handling the gate, the CC permit will carry no weight, one might be violating the law and at the very least one would be denied admission or cuffed and stuffed for questioning.

Not for banning guns where tensions will be running high, one would have to question one's judgement as to why you would even inject yourself into an angry mob scene, carry or no carry.