Carrying a snubbie concealed, and how would you do it?

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by steve-in-kville, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

I've posted these before, but to keep from jumping between threads...

I prefer minimalist and thin.

If carrying in the pocket, the sticky and Uncle Mike's style holsters always felt too thick, so I just built my own out of cardstock and duct tape.

Holster SW J DuctTape1.JPG
    Holster SW J DuctTape4.JPG
    Holster SW J DuctTape3.JPG

If carrying IWB, I've used both the Versa Carry ZeroBulk "holster" (but don't care for it, as it doesn't lay as flat as the semi-auto versions)

https://www.versacarry.com/inside-the-waistband/zerobulk-revolver-holster/

and also, the old version 1 of the GearCraft Solo holster (they don't list it anymore on their site, but they may make it upon request):

K6s.jpg

Mtnfolk75 and Chup like this.
  2. CAMSDADDY

CAMSDADDY

I carry a 642 is an aholster backbone. When I carry my 60 I carry it in a similar kydex holster or a mika holster. Rarely when I carry iwb I use either a high noon softy or a sideguard minimal clip.

3. indie_rocker

indie_rocker

I carry my 642 iwb appendix in a Galco Sto-N-Go. Works very well.

Chup likes this.
  4. Chup

Chup

90DF5685-F563-4C5E-8D56-342D3BC9C9AE.jpeg A 442 is always in my pocket in a Ace Case Pocket Holster. In the waist is another 442 in a Crooked River Leather clip on.

Mtnfolk75 and glock1097 like this.
  5. Pistol Pete 10

Pistol Pete 10

My carry is a 642, in a pocket with or without 10.00 nylon pocket holster, sometimes IWB in a leather Hume holster. I tried an LC9 but can't draw it from a pocket.

Chup likes this.
  6. VTEC214

VTEC214

I carry a 640 in a Harrys Icon holster appendix carry or in front pocket with a Sticky universal holster. Sometimes just in my front pocket or cargo pocket and no holster.

Chup likes this.
  7. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

Me neither and I am an old revolver guy...I wonder if it has any collector/curio value?

8. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

So long as the snubbie was hammerless, I always just tucked into my waistband cross-draw...simple and worked for me for many years

9. IDCG

IDCG

.38 LCR in Alessi pocket holster.
    yeCce+t8TmSHxa8i6xJCDA.jpg

glock1097 and Chup like this.
  10. SK2344

SK2344

When I carry one, It is in a Desantis Pocket Holster or a Ankle Holster, only if I really have to! I love my S&W Model 638 and I feel very confident using it to defend myself!

Chup likes this.
  11. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

1588EFEE-73CE-4362-ABE6-1DC3BD85C0A2.jpeg

The high-ride Charter sells for the Bulldog has worked out very well for me.

Mtnfolk75, Chup and rayzer007 like this.
  12. dubito

dubito

I carry my S&W Model 60 .38 Special in an ankle holster religiously as a backup. I carry a Ruger SP-101 .357 Magnum in a Wild Bill's IWB holster in the appendix or right-hip position. I carry also a Kimber K6s .357 Magnum in a Crossbreed SuperTuck in the right-hip position. All of my snubbies are DAO.

Chup likes this.
  13. rayzer007

rayzer007

I have an old Galco Jackass thumb break shoulder holster (S&W 37 Airweight), with two speed strips on the off side. Very comfy just under the arm pit, especially when driving. Suede straps cling well, no sliding.

Also, a Ritchie Leather OWB w/snap belt loops front and rear. Really contoured well after a little break in period. Quick on/off.

Mtnfolk75, glock1097 and Chup like this.
  14. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

There are times pocket carry is needed. I carry my 642 in a Kramer Horse Hide. Buy once scenario.

Mtnfolk75, glock1097 and Chup like this.
  15. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

Before I traded my j frame off I either used a soft pocket holster, or an Alabama IWB holster that allowed me to tuck my shirt in. May still have it kicking around somewhere. Highly recommended, but be prepared to wait 6 weeks

https://www.alabamaholster.com/product/the-offside/

16. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

I run a Desantis Clip Grip - Talk about minimalist.

I'm self employed, work from home, but when walkin the dog I can just drop the pistol onto the top of my sweatpants, blue jeans, or shorts... With or without a belt, and go! 6 round strip in the left pocket and we are good.

Early on I did have an event where it slipped down my pants leg, did a "hey - did you see that?" and when the person I was talking to looked away I scooped it up really quickly... and that's the only time (I learned from it!) that this has happened.

It does work better with the 340 PD vs the 640 Pro - Weight bites ya both ways! They aren't the best grips for the ultra light 340 PD, and it shoots a lot better on the 640 Pro with the extra weight. The 340 PD sure does carry more comfortably than the 640 Pro for sure! :)

Otherwise, it works well for me, but I do see some other holsters that look like they may work, so I'll be doing some shopping! :)

:waving:

17. glock1097

glock1097

My favorite pocket holster for the 442. I’ve tried other but there’s no comparison.

18. glock1097

glock1097

In the 80’s I had an upside down shoulder holster and it was great. I’m seriously considered no a Ken Null or Nevada Leather upside down shoulder holster.

19. fastbolt

fastbolt

Now a couple of, you guys have got me wondering about that, myself. I think I'm going to float the pics on a couple of private firearms websites for further opinion.

I'm certainly not wedded to many of the gadgets I acquired in my youth, and if it means I can start to whittle down on the odds & ends I've collected over time (and collect a fee, of course ;) ), I'm open to get rid of some stuff. :)

Mtnfolk75 likes this.
  20. Mtnfolk75

Mtnfolk75 A Grouchy Old Half-Blind Fat Guy who limps .....

I suffer from major hip pain caused by Arthritis due to carrying a heavy Sam Brown for too many years along with old Patrol Cars with hard seats. I can’t tolerate very much restriction around my waist so I have been using an Elastic Bellyband with Suspenders and nearly always wear Sweatpants, I seldom wear Jeans or Slacks but when I do I use a Kramer Pocket Holster that he made for me in 2007. With the Bellyband I carry a 3” LCRX and two Speed Strips, using the Suspenders attached to the Bellyband and Sweatpants waistband, I remove the tie strings in most of my sweats so my shoulders carry the weight. I also have been buying straight leg styles that look more like trousers. Prior to the LCRx and when I now wear trousers I carry either a 2” Charter Arms or 2” LCR in 9mm, been carrying this setup for several years and it works for me :flag:

Chup and fastbolt like this.