close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carry on CG travel??

Discussion in 'US Coast Guard Forum' started by Coastietech, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Coastietech

Coastietech Need a light??

I have a question for those of you who are more knowledgeable about CG regs. I was recently transferred to a new shop and will be doing a lot of travel. I was transferred to DGPS/SRAN support over in C2CEN. I spoke to the CWO that is in charge of the shop regarding bringing a gun with me when we travel. His answer was that as long as it was in writing that it was allowed he was ok with it. My question is, is there anything in writing like this? Most of the time we travel we are in civilian clothes so it’s not like I would be carrying in uniform. We also stay in hotels and not on base. Am I allowed to bring a gun with me as long as it is legal for me to have in the state we are traveling to? If you don’t know is there a way you could you point me in the right direction? I would appreciate any help you can give me regarding this matter.

ET3 Nicastro (Coastietech)

2. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Lifetime Member Millennium Member

This is one of those esoteric things that I'm afraid you're going to have to find an RKI for... Try your CPO or command enlisted advisor as they tend to know those kind of things.

I never knew one could have a beard in the USCG, but if you have a skin condition (can't remember the name of it, but it's the one where any kind of shaving tears up your face and makes you bleed), and a letter from a doctor stating such, you can have a beard in the Coast Guard!

Another weird one: You can wear POW/MIA bracelets in Uniform. I thought that Medic-Alert bracelets were the only approved item and the POW/MIA bracelets were simply over-looked by inspectors, but it's in the regs: they're legal.

3. Kodiak PA

Kodiak PA Bear Land

pseudofolliculitis barbae

I'm a retired USCG medical officer.:supergrin:

4. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

the generic layman term shaving excuse was called a profile waiver....but as stated above, there is a true medical term for it.....

the USCG has changed much since my time in it, and while i still love the USCG, i must also realize that Political.Correctness. and all the other things that make us soft, have infiltrated the ranks from the top down.....

thank GOD we still have the Marines!

5. Dean

Dean

Hell, we all had beards in the Coast Guard on G.I. back in the early eighties, before the Commandant took them away in about '85-86. I think you can get a medical beard chit in every service.