close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carry in church van from IN to MO?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by dberry, Jan 12, 2010.

1. dberry

dberry

I am going to drive our church van to Missouri for a competition in February. Based on the Missouri highway patrol site and NRAILA site it is legal to carry in Missouri. The real question is about carrying in church owned property. I know according to my research in MO churches are a nono unless you have permission but in a vehicle is the real question. I will have 8-10 kids with me plus my family, I am stuck as to carry or just put it in my luggage and take it out when we stop. What do I do?

2. failsafe

failsafe

From RSMO 571...............

(14) Any church or other place of religious worship without the consent of the minister or person or persons representing the religious organization that exercises control over the place of religious worship. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/chapters/chap571.htm

You are good to go..

3. dberry

dberry

Awesome, I cant believe I missed that when I read it.

4. failsafe

failsafe

I take it that you were concerned about a weapon on Church property, thus my reply...I won't bore you with the precautions of leaving a gun in your vehicle , children and such...