Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do shooters, who normally use 1911s, Glocks, and CZs in competition, prefer as carry gun?

Do most really follow the "carry what you shoot" or use a carry gun with similar platform to what they shoot?

·
Rei!
5,961 Posts
I'm not saying most, but the people I've asked go for the Glock 17

·
BOG 1001
118 Posts
before, i am using pt92 and glock 17 for competition. they were also my carry guns. now, i switched to para 40 cal for competition but my carry gun remains to be pt92. i already sold the g17...

:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
i also believe in the "shoot what you carry" mantra. i shoot and carry a g22, it is also my first option for home defense, fitted with a longer mag (23rnds), but i also have a bigger gun to back me up if the perps are really serious. for carry, w/c i seldom do bcos i have problems w/ managing my anger, i had an IWB holster custom made by mr. quikie hehehe.

·
Remember
1,357 Posts
I don't carry anymore, but my home defense gun is a Glock 19, which is also the gun I compete with. I wish I hadn't sold my G17 though a few years ago, as I find steel plates harder to hit using the G19 :crying:

Having the same carry/defense and competition gun reduces the amount of stuff I have to commit to muscle memory.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Having the same carry/defense and competition gun reduces the amount of stuff I have to commit to muscle memory.
ditto.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Its always best to carry what you shoot. When I shot a 1911, it was my carry gun as well. Shifting to a glock, I made it a point that when I got used to it, it became my carry option as well

·
Pang Altar
1,691 Posts
i carry, when i used to carry, my sti...bigat!! ;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
i know someone who carries an STI as well (hi sned). comp setup (huge magwell, adjustble sights, the works). pwede panindak ba he he

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
pwede din home defense and competition gun the same gun. kaso lang di pwede fiber optic pag gabi hehehehe talo hehehe.

·
BOG's #1611
1,286 Posts
for now, though i have an issued Colt MK IV S'80 in 45Cal, i use my G17 for IPSC and as a range gun as well, and what i carry now is a G26. hope i can have a G22 or G23 in the future...

·
BOG's #1611
1,286 Posts
saki, mukhang nasasarapan ka na talaga sa glock ah. :supergrin:
yup! ever since i like to have a glock, wala lang opportunity. what i like about it is the point and shoot operation, no safety to disengage (carrying it in Condition 1). pero 1911 pa rin first love ko!!!

·
what a move!!!!
785 Posts
my competition gun is a 1911 platform 9mm chambered gun,my carry knife is a mantis karambit,smith and wesson folding knife and a cold steel push blade neck knife,ambigat ng 1911 ko,hirap for carry..

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
i've come to the conclusion that a carry gun and competition gun is an almost impossible combination. kasi a carry gun has to be small. and a competition gun has to have the longest barrel possible.

so mas advisable pa house gun and competition gun 1 and the same gun. mas pwede yun. yung pang carry dapat iba talaga. IMO lang.

·
Remember
1,357 Posts
^ Yup, like a Glock 17 for competition, a Glock 34 for home defense, and a Glock 26 or 19 for carry. One manual of arms, and they can all accept the same 17-round magazine if needed :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
My G21 is my carry and my competition gun as well. I also compete with the G19 but I feel safer with the G21. A little bulky but never mind. It's a sweet gun.

·
Registered
698 Posts
i don't carry, bad yan:supergrin:
Oo nga. Am at an interreligious meeting and one participant (an american woman) is anti-gun activist. I did the right thing and didn't comment. Told her that Charlton Heston would disagree with her and she said 'than God he's dead already.' Wonder what she would say if I told her that I have 5 guns?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts