Carry Dilemma???

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Logan.45, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Logan.45

Logan.45 G21 G36

I have a glock 21 that in my opinion is to large to carry all day. I love the gun, shoot it well it fits my hand, etc...my dilemma is i would like to have a gun that i can carry comfortably, and dont have the funds now.

1) should I wait to buy, save the money for g36 and keep the g21?
    2) trade the g21 for the g36.
    3) buy a less expnesive carry gun, bersa, keltec??? (smaller caliber):dunno:

2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Never get rid of a gun. Wait and get the 36 if that's what you want, but shoot the snot out of it before you carry it. The G36 is the only Glock I've had any issue with feeding ammo. It's not uncommon for a G36 to be finicky about what ammo it likes.

3. Logan.45

Logan.45 G21 G36

What about other subcompact glock?

4. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Do you want to stay within caliber? Consider a 30. You could use the same 21 magazines as a spare when you carry it.

If you want a universal CCW gun, seriously look at a 19, 23, or 32 depending on your preference in caliber.

If you don't mind going away from Glock and want to stay .45 you open a whole world of possibilities. HK, Sig, S&W, Taurus, just about everyone has a .45 or two made for CCW.

5. Logan.45

Logan.45 G21 G36

I like the .45. but dont have to stay with .45. And i would like to stay with glock but that is not mandatory either. I'm just looking for feedback and ideas i guess. Thanks.
    If there was a way i could carry my 21 comfortably i would just stick with it. I'm in and out of my vehicle a lot. Small of the back doesnt work for me.

6. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

I've had no problems with my G36. It happily eats everything that I feed it. However, my preference in a carry caliber has shifted to .357SIG I now carry a G32 most of the time.

7. Logan.45

Logan.45 G21 G36

what was your reason for switching caliber?

8. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

Increased capacity, better penetration, and I must admit, whim. Plus, it gave me an excuse to buy more guns. :supergrin:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  9. Logan.45

Logan.45 G21 G36

I will take a look at that. Thanks

10. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

My 1st Glock was a G21, having carried mostly 1911s prior to that. I can relate to wanting something a little more carry friendly, & over the years I ended up trying different sized pistols & a few new calibers as well. Long story short, If the G21 just isn't filling all your needs right now, & you don't want to go out of pocket for a 2nd gun, I'd say to go ahead & trade it for something else.

If you want to stay w/a bigger caliber, I'd look at the G36 vs. a G27 to see which one is going to be a better fit for your carrying environments & current wardrobe selection. I'd stay away from 45gap, 10mm & 357sig offerings, though. Nothing against those calibers but if you're only going to have only 1 gun & it's a subcompact, I'd want it in a caliber that's less expensive & more readily available than those 3 since frequent range time will be an important factor to consider when mastering a subcompact sized pistol.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  11. Logan.45

Logan.45 G21 G36

A few hours ago I got back from the local Glock dealer and after discussing with him, carry options, belts, size of gun, grip etc.. I just opted for a new holster for IWB. I have had in on for several hours now, sitting, standing etc... Seems okay. All my pants are not large enough to accomodate a pistol IWB however i do have a few paris that are larger and loose that will work. I will try this and see how it goes. I am thinking that by the time summer comes and i can't wear as many clothes my mind might change . Maybe i will have the extra money by then to purchase the G36. Thanks for the advice.