Carry at Kentucky Exposition Center for High School Graduation?

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by RussP, Mar 29, 2010.

1. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

Coming to our granddaughter's graduation. Will I be able to carry at the graduation, or does the facility become school property when occupied for a school function?!?

HELP!!!

2. zulu45

zulu45

I would not suggest carrying at any school function, whether or not it is on school grounds. It seems to be a really bad idea.

3. The Hawk

The Hawk

I just called them and they said they are posted as a 'no concealed carry' facility.
    I was there last year and did not remember seeing any signs but maybe they just put them up. Anyway, that is what I found out.

4. Berretta9

Berretta9

Thats kind of funny. The NRA meeting was there and everyone carried. Gun shows there all the time. The issue is that if the school rents it for that purpose then they probably have a good argument that at least for the time of the event it's school property.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  5. KYJoe

KYJoe

RussP - This is a very good question and sorry we do not have a 100% solid answer for you. Whether or not they are posted does not matter in KY for this facility. Unlike TX and some other states concealed is concealed in KY and if you print they can ask you to leave. If you refuse to leave if they ask only then you will run into trouble. Naturally that is not applicable to post offices, gov't buildings, etc.

My gut tells me you would be okay concealed. We all carried there for the NRA convention, and the graduations I have attended there have been jam packed. As long as you stay concealed you will have no issues. I probably would.

6. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Do you expect trouble?

7. KYJoe

KYJoe

I never expect to get in a car wreck but always put my seatbelt on. I assume RussP and I are both the same way on carrying.

8. spikehunter

spikehunter

I'm sure if he was expecting trouble he'd bring a rifle and all his friends who have rifles. I know I would.

9. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

Carrying a handgun is specifically for when you don't expect trouble.

For expected trouble, I want infantry back up, the biggest artillery, and close air support.

If trouble is certain, then glassy circles as necessary and avoid that spot the next few centuries.

I just don't enjoy conflict and intend to minimize it. That's because I'm wussy. A pump 40mm grenade launcher helps make up for that some, and I try to remember to cheat every little chance..

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  10. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Oh, you guys!
    I meant trouble like in being patted down or "wanded" before entering...
    But I LIKE the way you're thinkin' with the air suport idea!
    See, here in Indiana this topic would turn into "Should I Open Carry @ graduation?" Well, should you, punk?- that's what Dirty Harry would ask.

11. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

You're coming to LOUISVILLE?

And didn't tell me? I'm hurt. Give me a call when you get in town. Check out the relevant state laws at

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/527-00/070.PDF

My opinion - the Expo center isn't school property, but might be posted for no carrying. It's downtown, but in a good area (I work two blocks away), and has plenty of police presence. Matter of fact, high school graduations usually have off duty officers working security - a few friends of mine have done it in the past.

If you don't mind me asking, what school? And you better damn well call me when you get down here! PM for my number.

12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I don't think it's school property, but it may be posted. I only go there for gun shows and they are all "no loaded weapons" so I've never carried one in anyhow. It's not a very dangerous place. I always leave mine in the car. I don't think I even carried a gun for the NRA convention.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  13. KYJoe

KYJoe

It is KY. Their posting doesn't matter; concealed is concealed. We live in KY not TX. If you get made and are asked to leave you will only get in trouble if you refuse.