close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carry Ammo For Glock 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jmy, Oct 6, 2002.

1. jmy

jmy Still Alive Lifetime Member

I have a GLOCK 30 Pistol which I use as my carry gun.Could anyone
    please recommend to me good CARRY AMMO for this gun?
    THANKS.

2. RN911EMTP

RN911EMTP GlockMedic

Just about everyone will have their choice of a good ammo for the glock 30. Any of the modern design JHP will perform adequately as long as your aim is true. That being said, I personally prefer the 230gr Remington Golden Sabers. They also make a 185gr load in both standard and +p pressure rating you might want to consider if you are into the lighter, faster .45 round. I have never had any feeding/firing problem with this round, and I like the way the JHP looks. Go out shooting and have some fun. Cheers.

3. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

RN911EMTP's advice is good. You might also give ProLoad a close look ( www.proload.com ). ProLoad's 185gr, 200 gr, and 230 gr all work flawlessly in my G30's and the accuracy is better, in my guns anyway, than the Golden Sabers.

I presently carry the 230 grain Proload +P's.

There is a lot of good carry ammo out there, pick what works best for you.

4. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

Federal 230-grain Hydra-shoks. But am considering Federals 230-grain +P JHP Tactical ammo.

5. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

cor-bon 230s or 200s. you can order on line and there reasonably priced, also they are +p for that extra umph.

6. GLOCK21_30Man

GLOCK21_30Man Old Paladin

JMY,
    Only two rounds that I suggest owners of G30 or G21: Federal EFMJ in 200gr +P, and Corbon PowR'Ball... Both are flawless in feeding, accuracy, and expansion/penetration. See:
    http://www.ammolab.com/
    I think you'll see the superiority of these new bullets over JHP's or other "conventional" ammo designs... Hope this helps...

Carter, GLOCK21_30Man, BigDawg #2282, out...

7. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

After some testing I like the 230 grain gold dots.
    I carry them in my 21 and 30 and the round does very well in both.

8. FA

FA

185 Gr +p, Golden Saber's for me; and about $7.00 a box from Kielser's on line, when the are in stock (this moment they are out).

Well made and accuate at least in my Glocks.

Regards,
    FA

9. 10-Ring

10-Ring

I've been using 230 grain Hydra-Shoks in my 36.

10. davesglock30

davesglock30

i have a box of 165gr. hyrda-shoks that i used to carry untill i started carring the 230gr. starfires my buddy gave me. which would be a better round to carry in the gun. i was reading the article about the guy that shot all kinds of game with his 10mm and he said that the 2 times he used starfires that they didn't expand at all. should i start carring the hydra-shoks? is 165gr. kinda light? i just picked them up and didn't even take notice that they were that light. i thought pretty much all .45 ammo was 230gr..

11. 1southpaw

1southpaw

Ditto.

As long as you are using a modern JHP commercially produced you're good to go. Everyone has an opinion on which is better and there are all types of studies done trying to show one better than the other. I personally try not to get caught up in the marketing hype of any particular manufacturer and focus on whats more important.. shot placement. I focus more on where I would hit the target than with what I'm hitting him with. Some will make arguments to the weight of the bullet +P, +P+ loads and over penitration. To that my opinion is simple, you should never shoot when unaware of what is behind your target, If there is a good guy behind the bad guy I will not count on the fact that some study said that with the particular round I'm using I don't have to worry about over penitration. Being in the medical field I've seen .22's that went straight through a mans chest and 9mm's that didn't. I hope I've been helpfull.

12. SkySlash

SkySlash Total Apathy

I've yet to find any that reliably feeds. My G30 has about 500 rounds through it so far and I haven't found a type of JHP yet that it doesn't jam on.

It feeds ball flawlessly, but it just doesn't like carry ammo.

-SS :(

13. Stablefall

Stablefall CLM

SkySlash

Try Speer Gold Dot 200Gr +P.
    I have not had a jam in my 30 yet.

14. commander

commander

FWIW They just told me they don't know when the Golden Sabers will be available. I changed my order to 230 gr Hydra-Shocks. $10.00 more per 100 rounds but in stock. I hate to wait!;Q

15. Puckster

Puckster

I have about 250 rds of ball through my 30 so far and haven't had a problem. I am considering something better for carry, though. I've seen some good ideas posted here that I will try. But SkySlash is the only one who mentioned any jamming with JHPs. Is he the only one who has experienced this in a G30? And if so, are there any ideas as to why? Anyway, I guess I am just curious.

16. davesglock30

davesglock30

i've shot about 20 rounds of JHP (mostly hydra-shok) through my 30 without a single problem.

17. Glackety Glack

Glackety Glack 10mm Still Here

That’s weird. Try corbon powerballs +p they feed the same as ball & kick *** on ammolab.com

GG

18. Glackety Glack

Glackety Glack 10mm Still Here

I would have to shoot WAY more than 20 to trust anything.

GG

19. Polo

Polo Brave Babushka Millennium Member

My G30 also has around 500 rds. and during this remarkable break-in period, not a single MF of any kind with a wide variety of ammo:
    Winchester, Cor-Bon, Federal, CCI Lawman, Speer Gold Dot, Fiocchi, ProLoad, and even Wolf --all these in either FMJ, EFMJ or JHP in standard or +P loads. There were even some old FMJ surplus loads I tried also.
    I'm under the very pleasant impression now that my G30 CAN'T tell a lick of difference b/t FMJ and JHP...but that is fully what expectation was before I bought it anyway!!

SKYSLASH get your pistol checked out by an armorer. Must be something wrong with it.

20. 1southpaw

1southpaw

I shot 50 rounds of speer gold dot through my 21 and not a single malfunction. That's the only brand I've tried thus far.