Carry a gun? Why?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by DAKA, Mar 29, 2020.

1. DAKA

DAKA

Probably already been "around" but...

WHY GRANDPA ROBBINS CARRIES A GUN...

A world history lesson..*****lest we forget.**** NEVER FORGET

The quintessential reason why Grandpa Scott carries a gun. Please take time to read this and pay particular attention to "A Little Gun History" about half way down.

Why Carry a Gun?

My old Grandpa said to me, "Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take a whipping.

I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the World.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect themselves because police do not protect you from crime; they just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a whoopin'!

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY...

PLEASE DON'T THINK FOR A MOMENT, THAT THIS COULDN'T HAPPEN IN OUR COUNTRY ALSO !!!

-----------------------

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control: From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    -----------------------
    In 1911, Turkey established gun control: From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated
    -----------------------
    Germany established gun control in 1938: From 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
    -----------------------
    China established gun control in 1935: From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    -----------------------
    Guatemala established gun control in 1964: From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    -----------------------
    Uganda established gun control in 1970: From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    -----------------------
    Cambodia established gun control in 1956: From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    -----------------------
    56 million defenseless people were rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control.
    -----------------------
    You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun control laws adversely affect only the law abiding citizens.

With guns, we are 'citizens'; without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WW II, the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

Gun owners in the USA are the largest armed forces in the World!

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.

SWITZERLAND-ISSUES A GUN TO EVERY HOUSEHOLD!

SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT ISSUES AND TRAINS EVERY ADULT IN THE USE OF A RIFLE.

SWITZERLAND-HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL law abiding CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment!

If you are too, please forward this. If you're not a believer, please reconsider based on these true facts.

This is history; not what's being shown on TV, sanctioned by our illustrious delusional liberals in Washington.

hnp684, Cambo, V Gehts and 21 others like this.
  2. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Because a cop is too heavy.

3. PBCounty

PBCounty

Did you log into my AOL e-mail and scroll back to 1998?

4. DAKA

DAKA

BUSTED

powernoodle and PBCounty like this.
  5. reniram

reniram

As relevant today as ever.

jame, Lockback, Boundertom and 4 others like this.
  6. Pluto57

Pluto57

Switzerland issues guns to their militia members, not every household. It used to issue 50 rounds of ammunition in a sealed container, however, as of 2007, it no longer issues any ammunition to the average militia member.

Caver 60 and nursetim like this.
  7. Ordell Robbie

Ordell Robbie Giant Member

8. powernoodle

powernoodle

In my state, it is lawful to use deadly force when you have a reasonable fear of imminent seriously bodily injury or death.

That means that if you reasonably think someone is about to beat you unconscious, you can cap their bXtch axx. So in my state, the lawful use of deadly force is not reserved for protecting life. It can lawfully be used to protect old codgers from serious injuries. That right there is worth the cost of admission.

This is not legal advice.

9. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

10. kwo

kwo

Same reason I have a spare tire in my trunk. May need it .

11. fg17

fg17

I think I could KO most of the old guys, (and a few of the younger ones ) I know before they could get their LCP out of their pants pocket. but most aren’t like operators we have on GT:D

RenoF250 and -JCN- like this.
  12. pscyclepath

pscyclepath

Everyone likes to think, "Violent crime only happens to someone else." Well, to everyone else on the planet, you are that someone else!

The most basic human right is that of self-defense. Without the right to self preservation, all of the other rights are meaningless. You have a right to be alive, and to live without being killed, crippled, or raped in an unlawful, immoral attack by a sociopath. Telling you that you have a right to self defense, but that you may not possess a weapon, is ludicrous. It is just like telling you that you may have a free press, but that you may not possess ink or paper. If you have the right to self defense, you have the right to be armed.

nrajeff, Agonizer, 83wide and 2 others like this.
  13. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

Because swords are obsolete.

billy_56081 and nrajeff like this.
  14. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

When I first got my permit in 1978 my dad told me if I needed a gun to go somewhere I just shouldn't go there. While that may have held true in 1978, it certainly doesn't do so now. From a rape in the parking lot of our local Walmart on a Sunday afternoon to a violent home invasion 2 weeks ago just 2 houses away from me, the world is a dangerous place and getting more so by the day. Heroin addicts, meth heads, gangbangers looking to make their bones, and just a general animosity from people that did not exist then are all to common now. People will try to kill you now over words, over a glance, over nothing at all. I have seen guys stabbed over who had the next pool game. I know a guy who is now in a group home from the beating he took from 2 guys because he declined a drink from them. Hell, I have had to pull my pistol twice when tending bar, and may not be here now if I didn't have it.

I don't leave home without being armed. It's just an unfortunate fact of life.

15. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

I don’t tell anyone I carry a gun.

jame, billy_56081, Upgrayedd and 5 others like this.
  16. Caver 60

Caver 60

I still think that is good advice.

But I do carry everywhere. I'm not going to walk down a back alley in St Louis at midnight, just to see what is down there. I agree the world is a much more dangerous place these days.

clancy likes this.
  17. The Father

The Father

Carry a weapon because of scumbags. Government doesn’t enter into the thinking.
    Well damn, there are scumbags in government, but they are not the scumbags I worry about.

18. pcbs

pcbs

Try it anyway.

19. DonMerlin

DonMerlin

I realized that my wife and I plus my live in sister are all older, grayer, and slower. We “look” like soft targets.
    I’m too old to fight and too fat to run but I have decided I will not be a victim.

Simi_gun_guy and Caver 60 like this.
  20. gunowner1

gunowner1

How did you know I got stabbed over a pool game? Luckily the guy was really drunk and I only ended up with eight stitches in my arm.

Caver 60 and clancy like this.