Glock Talk banner
21 - 40 of 240 Posts
I do not want to have some lawyer in front of a judge/jury implying that I was guilty of murder because I thought way ahead of time to get my handgun from my bedroom in my distant house and shoot the deceased scumbag who had kidnapped my daughter in front of my unarmed person.

Many folks are somewhat selective of when they carry. While it is true that you never know when you will need it, the same can be said about lots of other things we selectively carry at various times. Someone who actually carries 24/7/365 and is not in a combat zone, folks that carry in the shower, folks that sleep cuddled up to the gun like it was a teddy bear, etc......well, no need to comment further, IMO. If you can't tell the difference between a relatively safe location and a relatively bad location you have a lot worse problem than if you should carry a gun or not, IMO.

I was just curious if most of us carry 24/7 or just part time (when going to bad parts of town, or late at night). I'm guessing some leave it in their vehicle. I'm new and have my permit, but I'm still getting into the habit.
If you are going to just carry "when needed", I hope your Spidey Sense is under warranty. THE DAY will not announce itself.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...chael_merhige_in_thanksgiving_shooting_t.html<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The people in the story on the link above gathered for a family Thanksgiving dinner in a relatively safe neighborhood. I doubt any of them thought they would need a firearm that day.<o:p></o:p>

I got "made" at Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt's. My cousin just got his CHP and was carrying. Noticed I had extra bumps. Asked me what I was carrying and lifted his coat to show his Sigma.

24/7 too!

Wherever legal.
Hopefully, that part will expand substantially with the coming legislative session here in Georgia.
Same here is Virginia. Already some Bills waiting on the new session that affect the Second Amendment Right. And we hope we can get McDonnell to sign the law for concealed carry to be okay in places like Applebee's. I don't drink. But can't CCW in a place that serves alcohol.

Many folks are somewhat selective of when they carry. While it is true that you never know when you will need it, the same can be said about lots of other things we selectively carry at various times. Someone who actually carries 24/7/365 and is not in a combat zone, folks that carry in the shower, folks that sleep cuddled up to the gun like it was a teddy bear, etc......well, no need to comment further, IMO. If you can't tell the difference between a relatively safe location and a relatively bad location you have a lot worse problem than if you should carry a gun or not, IMO.
"Relatively" leaves a lot of room. Bad stuff can happen anywhere. The mall. The Wal*Mart. YOUR CHURCH.

Agreed on the shower, etc.

I'm curious, how do you make the determination that a place you are about to go to is safe enough to not carry?

I take mine off in the surf....

I take mine off in the surf....
Why? Glocks don't mind the saltwater. :supergrin: I should design and patent a neoprene holster! That way you can pick off the sharks as you surf! :cool:

I got "made" at Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt's. My cousin just got his CHP and was carrying. Noticed I had extra bumps. Asked me what I was carrying and lifted his coat to show his Sigma.
A family bonding moment! :) I think it would be kind of cool if something like that happened in our family gatherings.

.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

21 - 40 of 240 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.