close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carrollton, TX Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, May 3, 2003.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Hope the sun is shining and y'all break 100.:cool:

2. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

This is the first time in the past six years I haven't made it to Carrollton (I'm on assignment in Trinidad, bummer). Even though I'm not physically there I can smell the powder and hear the plates falling.

Good luck guys and gals!!! Maybe I can be back next year!!!

CCV

3. Shady

Shady Under the tree

Went out this morning... little warm, but not too bad. Looks like a larger turn out than last year. I showed up at about the same time as the rest of the state, and went home after waiting more than an hour to shoot the first stage. Going back tomorrow to try again after the crowds have settled down a bit.

Guess I was spoiled last year. I showed up, shot all stages with no waiting at all.

4. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

Scott said he expected over 400 this year. I think most of them were in line at 8:30....

Unfortunately, the waits were pretty long in the morning, but we had everyone finished close to 4 and the crowds were pretty light after 1.

Laura

P.S. I found my keys....in the car ;Q

P.P.S. It was really nice meeting everyone :)

5. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

I must've been lucky with scheduling. After standing in line for a sufficiently long time and getting my score sheets, I was able to shoot each stage as fast as I could reload and wait for no more than 2 other shooters ahead of me.

6. Glocks and Garands

Glocks and Garands CLM

It seemed like everybody arrived before 9 AM to register for Saturday. Though the wait was at times long, about 1 hour, the R.O.s were the best. All were glad to see us and offered encouragement to the participants. The R.O.s really made the match an event. The sun was shining at times, the temperature stayed in the upper 80s and though it was warm and HUMID, at least the rain and thunderstorms stayed away.

It was great to meet some fellow GLOCK TALK members. It was a treat to finally meet Biker Goddess. She was the point of contact at the plates.

Hope that those going Sunday stay safe and have a good time.

7. BikerGoddess

As a matter of fact, they did all show up at 9 Sat. ~250 on Sat (most in the morning) and ~100 on Sun, all through the day. 378 total, a new DPC record.

Best quote all day: "I would have scored better if I'd stayed back here with you!" ;P

Laura

8. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The NW Florida contention make it back with out any trouble! Laura, it was nice meeting you and THANKS for doing a great job ROing on the "Plates"! And a big WELL DONE to the rest of the RO's that gave up a weekend to make the match a great success! I did beat my Richmond score in Stockmeister, However I did not do as well in Unlimited but I did have a sub 10 second total(9.79) on the plates! A PERSONAL BEST FOR ME!!
    Thanks again to all the RO's and Glock's Scott Gilbertson and Bruce Wampler for the outstanding job. Leo Steck was keeping everyone Glocks functioning to perfection! Thanks Leo!!
    Dan:cool:

9. D.S.Brown

D.S.Brown Millennium Member

This is my 2nd time at Carrolton. It was really fun. I think I was the second to last shooter on Sunday. Thanks to everyone for not tearing down the range. Much appreciated! I enjoyed all the stages especially the plates.

I rarely shoot past 10 yards on my own, so all the shooting at 15+ yards was humbling. It was good practice though.I was glad to see that the majority of my shots out of my G23 hit the 25 yard target on the 5 to Glock.

Had so much fun that I think I will do Shreveport in October and San Antonio in December.

Best,
    Dave

10. Kerrville Dan

Kerrville Dan

Was in line to register at 0830 Sat, started shooting without wait at 0900 and was done at 1000. Great event, great weather, great organization, great ROs, and tons of fun.

11. Shady

Shady Under the tree

Definitely better today... didn't help my shooting, but I was in and out in a flash today, with plenty of time to walk around, watch others and do a bit of shopping. As always

I did have a first today. Caught a bullet fragment on the arm hard enough to draw blood while preparing for the Glock M. I was well behind the line, and still can't figure out where it came from; the berm was a good thirty five yards or so in front of my position. A good reminder to keep those shooting glasses on anywhere near the line.

12. PHARAOH

PHARAOH Guest

Another Florida contention trip in the books. I had a great time.:) This was my first trip to Caffollton,TX and had a wonderful time. The weather was great. I did not shoot my best this time but I am still consistant. Thank you to all the RO's you ran a great match. Thank you Laura (BikerGoddess) I was very glad to meet you. A big whooray in finding your keys. Thank you to Scott Gilbertson, Bruce Wampler and Leo Steck the Glock folks who all make this possible. Job well done.

I was glad to meet Leo Steck who was in charge of keeping all our Glocks running to perfection. ;I

Tony and Donna I had a great time at dinner at the Trail Dust. Good friend and good food. Thank you both.;Y

13. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Found your keys in that bright shiny new Silver Beemer Huh?;f

14. BikerGoddess

Nah, piece of crap Honda. Had to crawl in the sunroof even... (Now, if someone with a Beemer had been nice enough to leave the sunroof open, I'd have one of those, instead :))

Laura

15. Clem

Clem

Donna & I just got in from Carrollton, where we had a GREAT time with old friends from Florida and the Texas Panhandle! The weather, while warm & muggy, could have been worse. The rain held off both days. In addition to our old friends, we met & made others, like the legendary "Biker Goddess". It was our pleasure. A big "Thanks" to all the RO's and to John McNally (Best of luck in Athens, buddy! Bring home the Gold!), Scott, Bruce, Leo and all the other GSSF staff that make it all possible! Unofficial scores are:

Donna: AmCiv - 110.65 (her 2nd best ever)
    Unlimited - 75.55 (her personal best)

Tony: Stockmeister - 54.28
    Unlimited - 41.28 (personal best)

I had a "C" on the 5-To-Glock with the Unl gun, so without it I would have had a "sub-40" total of 39.28. Now I know how TJC feels! Maybe next time! Dinner Saturday night at the Traildust Steakhouse with the Florida Gang was GREAT!! Great food with great friends - doesn't get any better than that! Hope ya'll had as much fun as we did. Can't wait til we cross paths in Conyers, if not before then! Glad to hear ya'll got home OK. Mark, Jerry & Tracy - it was great to visit with ya'll again this morning! We'll visit & break bread with you guys in Shreveport, if not sooner! Good luck to everyone when the results come out. Tony & Donna/Team Sidearmor.

16. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Congratulations, Donna and Tony, with your personal bests!!!

According to my records, each of you have set a new record. Tony has just shot the lowest score,officially shot in a match, using a CARVER Competiton Model mount. IN ADDITION, Donna has just shot the lowest score ever shot by a female using the CARVER Competiton Model.

WOW:) :) ;a ;a :cool: :cool: ;a ;a :) :) ;a ;a ;Q :) ;a ;a

Congratulations. We all have a score to shoot for now!!!!

Best regards,
    Bobby

17. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Thanks to all the RO's and Dallas Club for hosting a great match. This was my 2nd trip and I thoroughly enjoyed my self and participated in a very well run match. Glad Laura aka "Biker Goddess" found her car keys, we would have gotten a laugh (good natured of course) watching her climb through her sunroof to het her keys.

Enjoyed visiting with good friends and a another great meal at the Trail Dust Steak House. Tina was a great waitress, it is really a fun place to go for a good family outing.

Can't brag about my shooting. I think I was there but my scores don't reflect it. But seeing good friends, eating good food is hard to beat.

See you'al at Statesville.

18. tracyt1800

tracyt1800 TCB

The highlight of the match was definitely meeting the BikerGoddess. I was just too mad about my horrible scores to lay on the charm. ;)

It was good to see Tony & Donna, too! Congrats on the scores!

Tracy

19. jjayh

jjayh

I had a great time at the match. It was very well run and even with the big crowd Sat. morning everything ran smooth. Doug and his gang did a GREAT job hosting the match.

As always, it was great fun hanging out with Tony and Donna (Congrats, on your great scores). Also congrats to the rest of my fellow Lubbickites, there were several personal best in our group. I succeeded in my goal to break 100 in AmCiv and competition, and just missed with sub compact (100.98).

Bobby, hope you heal quickly and get back to shooting soon.

Jerry H

20. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

Those of you who haven't ever met BikerGoddess, a.k.a. Laura, she is able to smile. It doesn't take much effort to get a smile out of her. I think she showed me her braces once and I wasn't even trying to be noticed.

I've learned more about shopping than I have about shooting.

From the first GSSF match, I learned to bring enough shopping money. From the second GSSF match, I learned that if you're going to buy gun parts, have the glock armorer who is right there put the danged part on for you. I now have a shiny new Pierce +1 mag extension in it's original plastic display package in one corner of my gun box while in the other corner of my gun box I have a genuine Glock model 36 -1 magazine. I poked around with my shiny new Glock Armorers tool and got the little button part turned around and lost inside the base plate cover and now I can only load 5 in that mag. I might as well file a patent on the process.

[ Addendum: Thank you, DannyR. I got the Pierce extension properly positioned yesterday and now it's a +1 mag. ]