close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carrollton, TX Debriefing 2004

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, May 1, 2004.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories here.

2. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

Man I wish I could be there!

Have a GREAT day Guys & Gals.

Good shooting

CCV

3. Suzy Cooke

Suzy Cooke Big Dawgs 1894

Very cold and rainy at 9:00am. I had my G 36 checked out by a Glock Armorer and regestered for my events.

But because I live here in Dallas and the weather is supposed to be a bit warmer and drier tomorrow and because I was shivering I decided to postpone actual shooting until tomorrow and go home and get warm.

Suzy

4. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Cold and raining. I stayed home. Will go tomorrow, should be sunny and in 70s. I imagine everyone will do the same, will probably be crowded, but better that than cold and wet.

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

COLD......Windy......MUDDY........But we had fun anyway!!!! The RO staff did an OUTSTANDING job......Thanks ladies and gentleman!!!! The number of shooters that brave the weather today was around 195 @ 2:30 today!!!!! The weather is supposed to be better tomorrow, HOWEVER, that won't help the Florida crew much as we will be getting on the road heading back around 5:30 in the morning! As far as my shooting goes......WELL, lets just say that I did shoot and had a GREAT time and let it go at that! As I look out the hotel window the sun is making an apparence this afternoon!!! It was GREAT talking to all the folks that walk up to the "Team Carver Mounts" members and ask questions, we hope we where helpful! As always it was good to see all our Texas friends we have met in the passed!;f
    Dan:cool:

6. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Well we waited until about 9:30 to check in on Sat. No rain, windy and cool with cloudy skies. The RO's did a great job and the PDA's worked great. Had a good turn out considering the weather. My shooting wasn't bad, no Master Class Scores but for an old fart like me pretty fair. I had a personal best in Master Stock of a 110.23, my AmCiv wasn't great with a 131.23 and my Unlimited wasn't my best but I don't feel too bad with a 79.04. My High-lights of the day were when I shot the Glock "M" Clean with my U/L gun and when I beat my son-in-law on the plates in U/L with a 14.42 to his 14.66. Lifes little special moments still happen even at 62+ years.

The RO's were fantastic and it's always great to see our favorite "Biker Goddess" at Dallas, she really liven's up the day. The GSSF Staff (Scott, Julie & Jackie) totally out did themselves. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip with my favorite shooting buddies DEJ/FL(my son-in-law), Pete(Pharoah) and Bobby(Uncle Bob). Altogether for a surperb weekend. Now to start getting ready for Indianapolis. Hope to see you'al there. This Buds for you'al ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c

7. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Ah, so now I know where I rank. ;)

8. TXMike

TXMike

Sorry I was unable to attend this year. Hopefully Shreveport and San Antonio. Hope you had some aiming fluid.

9. JohnKSa

JohnKSa

Fun day, but rainy at the start. Cold and windy all day.

I posted a kB! story in General Glocking.

I didn't shoot nearly as well as I had hoped, but did cut about 9 seconds off my score from last year.

Talking with Biker Goddess was fun. However, there is no way I would have recognized her from her website pictures. She's much cuter in person.

10. GeoEMTP

GeoEMTP TX Sheepdawg

Cold in the morning! I was shivering during my third string at the Glock 'M'. Dropped a couple on the far target on '5 to Glock' and left one plate standing (crap! no excuse, should have slowed down.:( .) ) It was great meeting the Florida guys! If the weather is anything like it is in Austin right now it's a beautiful day to shoot! Too bad I'm at work. RO's did a phenomenal job. Thanks guys!! See y'all in Shreveport!

11. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Well I just got back (Sunday). Looks like a great day in the making, 70s, sunny, no wind.

I was there right away, and was in and out from registration to done shooting in 65 minutes. Wow. After a horrendous last year, I decided to slow down and shoot for accuracy and it paid off, with a personal best.

ROs were great, and they seemed to have plenty of them to help out. They also had two great local dealers avaiable, selling Glock stuff and guns, including the new 37. Also had an 18C too if you have never seen one.

12. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

What a trip to Dallas it was! Home at last 6:00pm. The weather held out for us to shoot the whole day on Sat. with out any rain. Lots of dark cloud and plenty of MUD! One of the Glock M stages you could have used a boat to get stand in to shoot. But all in all it was a great trip.

I am still chaseing problems with my unlimited gun but feel confident the hick-ups will be worked you soon. I did not shoot my best scores but I did try. AC= 143 with one missed plate and a stovepiped round cleared (darn gun problems). MS= 122 I barrowed a G37 and shot it just to see what it was like and you no!!!! I like it!!! MU= 125 Here is where the trouble comes in. 5 failures to extract on one course of fire. (oh well better luck next time). I still had a great time. The GSSF staff and the RO's did another great job pulling of a match that could have been a rough one (Thank you one and all for a great job), and I got a hug from bikergodess (Lisa) who was her happy out going self. (Great to see you again) I will be coming to San Antonio for the match. We missed having Fireglock with us on this trip old ND must have put the Kabosh on him because he never even called to say what's happening. (missed you)

Well I guess that's enought rambling.

Pharaoh;e

13. Rag Flyer

Rag Flyer

Wow, what a GREAT match!! I got off work at 3:00 pm on Saturday and drove over to the match. It had been a pretty cold and wet day, but I was still excited to shoot. Unfortunately registration ended at 3:00 and I had to come back Sunday (today). I walked around and talked with a few folks, bought some accessories and a few raffle tickets then headed home. The man selling the raffle tickets accidentally tore off one extra ticket when he was giving me mine. So now he had one ticket that was no longer attached to the roll. I kept thinking to myself how incredibly bummed I would be if that ticket turned out to be the winning number, so I bought it just to ease my mind. Sure enough when I arrived to the match after work today, Julie and Jackie were there to greet me with my FREE GLOCK CERTIFICATE!! And can you believe it actually was that extra ticket that Fred had mistakenly removed from the roll??!!
    Folks, if I hadn't bought that spare ticket.....I'd have never forgiven myself! How Cool :)
    I knew from that point on that no matter how I shot, I was going to be leaving the range on Cloud 9.
    I picked up a brand new G37 on Saturday, and decided to shoot it in the Master Unlimited and Master Stock catagories. Same gun and same bullets used, but I shot 16.06 seconds faster when firing MU. 92.76 versus 76.70. To date, that is the best score I've EVER had. I normally shoot all 9mm scoring in the mid-80's, but for whatever reason that new .45 GAP really improved my score. Now that's not even close enough to get me to the top of MU with the Big Boys, but I sure am happy with it!!
    Thanks to the entire GSSF staff for spending their weekends away from their families hosting these, as well as the Range Staff for running the match so well. I had a blast, and the raffle just made a great time all that much better.
    Looks like I'll have plenty of time to practice until Shreveport.
    See you all there!!
    Mike

14. macgregor45

macgregor45 who???

Only my 2nd GSSF match ever, shot my USPSA Production G35 in MU, meant to also shoot it in MS, but Ms. Goloski reminded me that I can't do that, so I had to use my G30 that I was also going to use in MajorSub. Barely had the ammo for that, but squeeked by. So I shot in Unlimited with a gun with no ports or optics, then shot Stock with a G30. Nothing like self-handicapping. I had forgotten how much fun these matches are, just stand and shoot.

Also had the pleasure of meeting BikerGoddess (Laura), and I managed to talk her out of part of her clothing. I was freezing and she offered one of her jackets (she had 2 on). Truly a nice person!

Maybe my shooting schedule will allow me to shoot more of these matches, they are pretty fun.

15. JD-Man

JD-Man

Hello all,

This was my first GSSF match and had a great time. My wife went for the first time to a shooting match in over 15 years. Made the whole time that much better. Did poorly, but that can be helped by more practise.

Shot Saturday mid-morning so it was not raining, but there was plenty of mud. Didn't go fully prepared but found a Wal-mart close by to get properly attired. I thought the match went smoothly and everyone was friendly and helpful. Got there about 10:00 and was finished about 1:30. I am looking forward to San Antonio match in December.

Just got to keep practising and get a little more mentally prepared.

Later,

JD

16. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

It was nice to see everyone again and meet some new people. Even with the arctic weather, attendance hit 365. I think 375 is our record, so y'all come out next year, no excuses!

We did have a couple of technical issues with the PDAs, but most of the comments I heard were positive. We are looking for new and better ways to handle the waitlist, though, so if you have any ideas, let me know.

Oh, and if you happen to talk to someone who's new to GSSF, let them in on the sign up secrets. I'm not sure I'd ever come back if I had to wait 6-7 hours in the cold and mud my first time out...

Laura

17. Don At PC

Come on Jerry, you know we all love our old Fireglock, you just couldn't make the trip this time. You are still in my "Favorites Catagory" ;c

18. GJM89

GJM89

Jerry, be careful,be very careful,I've got your back.;z ;z ;z ;z

19. Don At PC

Hey "Old Guy" watch out old "ND" might be covering your back. ;f ;f ;f ;9 ;9 ;9 ;G ;G

20. Clem

Clem

Donna & I got back home @ 2:15 AM this morning. Was fortunate enough to get to Dallas in time Sat. evening for dinner at the Traildust Steakhouse with the Fla. Gang, Bobby & Brenda Carver, Scott & Jackie, the Woolseys and several others. Great food & even greater friends! While Donna & I love the shooting, it pales in comparison to the fantastic times we have with our friends! All the ROs deserve a big "THANKS" for tolerating the Saturday weather (which we were able to skip, fortunately!) and the unusually heavy Sunday attendance. As always, it was a real pleasure visiting with Laura (aka BikerGoddess). Sunday's weather was beautiful, contributing to some of Donna's best scores. Out of five categories, she was under 100 seconds in four of them.

Donna: AmCiv = 118.19, MasterStock = 90.20, Subcompact = 97.87, AmMajorSub = 73.74, Unlimited = 86.96.

Tony: MasterMajorSub = 51.86 -left a plate :(-, MasterStock = 57.51, Unlimited = 45.32.

The preliminary score have been coming out so fast lately, I don't know if this post will beat GSSF's putting the scores on! Thanks, as always, to Jackie, Julie, Scott & all the GSSF staff & Dallas ROs for a great job! Now ;1 begins the long layoff til Conyers. Hope to see everyone there! Tony & Donna.