Carpal Tunnel release recovery time?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Grayson, May 13, 2020.

1. walke121

walke121

My sister had it done about 9 months ago. I can’t remember what hand but she was pretty much back to normal in 1.5-2 weeks. She still had to be careful about opening bottles and lifting things like milk for about 5-6 weeks total but I remember the surgery went very well for her as well as the recovery. She was only 32 but she is an account executive with an advertising company and types constantly. I hope this information helps some. Good luck with your surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grayson likes this.
  2. OXMYX

OXMYX

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Grayson likes this.

3. Grayson

Grayson

Was doing pretty good till I decided to pour some milk. Nowhere near a full gallon, but it hurt a lot.

4. Grayson

Grayson

Two weeks and 3 days out. Incision healing up nicely. Getting more hand strength back, but also some more soreness in the wrist.

BOOSTED12A likes this.
  5. BOOSTED12A

BOOSTED12A

Glad to hear it's going well

Grayson likes this.
  6. Grayson

Grayson

Been a month today. Still some lingering pain around the scar, wrist, and palm but nothing too major. Not back to full strength but much better than the early days of not being able to button my own pants or put socks on.

I've had two "what an idiot" moments and one that couldn't really be helped. The latter was the cat tripping me and me having to catch myself on the wall. The former, one I already mentioned (pouring milk with the surgical hand). The other was inspecting my carry P3AT, which is about all I can manage in lightweight khakis at the moment. Went swell...till I slammed the magazine home...with my surgical hand! :eek:

"WHY couldn't it have been one of my Glocks?! It still woulda hurt but the mags are wider, it would have spread the impact out a bit!"