Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should come as no surprise because the average Carnival customer has never valued health and/or safety. Those ships, and their ports of call, have always been plagued with disease and crime, and the majority of their loyal customers just don't care.

Hell, just last year some low rent drunk was served too much bathtub rum and chucked is granddaughter out a window.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/05/11/carnival-cruise-lines-flooded-with-bookings-for-return-to-service-in-august/#

Cruise Planners, a company that books cruises for the world’s largest cruise liner, said bookings shot up by 600 percent when Carnival announced that it would begin again on August 1.

The spike is a 200 percent increase over last year.

Cruise Planners told TMZ those cruise-bookers were “not a bit concerned about traveling at this time” because many said they were in good health and were looking forward to some fun after being in quarantine for several months.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
All the cruise lines have significant financial difficulties. My concern is how that would affect numbers of service crew, amount and quality of food, liquor and services and pretty much quality of the entire cruise. I don't see how it could be up to par right away. I'll let others be guinea pigs

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
This should come as no surprise because the average Carnival customer has never valued health and/or safety. Those ships, and their ports of call, have always been plagued with disease and crime, and the majority of their loyal customers just don't care.

Hell, just last year some low rent drunk was served too much bathtub rum and chucked is granddaughter out a window.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/05/11/carnival-cruise-lines-flooded-with-bookings-for-return-to-service-in-august/#

Cruise Planners, a company that books cruises for the world’s largest cruise liner, said bookings shot up by 600 percent when Carnival announced that it would begin again on August 1.

The spike is a 200 percent increase over last year.

Cruise Planners told TMZ those cruise-bookers were “not a bit concerned about traveling at this time” because many said they were in good health and were looking forward to some fun after being in quarantine for several months.
man there sure is a lot of speculation there. This whole corona wuflu is a scam man. Sure people are getting sick, if your old or unhealthy stay your A$$ at the house. Otherwise let’s get this country opened up. I think people are just fed up.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
I think a bunch of folks booked cruises hoping the virus situation improves. I'll be interested to see how many people may cancel their cruises as the virus does what it does, health care does or does not advance, and their cruise dates approach.

The Carnival website says for cruises of five or fewer days you can get a 100% refund if you cancel at least 76 days in advance, and for cruises of six or more days, it's at least 91 days notice to get all your money back.

Reactions: SevenSixtyTwo

·
NRA Member
1,252 Posts
Carnival will probably almost give away cruises for the first few weeks, just to get things rolling.

It will be interesting to see if the ships are allowed to dock at any destinations. I understand a lot of caribbean ports have been closed for a while. Maybe all they can do is cruise the ocean and drink and gamble.

... And hope they get off the ship and go home on the scheduled date.

·
Registered
43,620 Posts
When they get stuck on the boat in some port because of The Rona...are we supposed to feel sorry for them?

·
Mentally Frozen
28,464 Posts
I'm out.

·
Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking
2,784 Posts
Natural selection

·
Mentally Frozen
28,464 Posts
You should give it a try. The boats are much nicer now and not so many stinky animals on board than your last cruise.

I went on an Alaska cruise couple years ago and I didn't see one Eskimo. Really disappointing.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts