close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carless Society

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Allegra, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Allegra

Allegra

Good Morning car experts
    I'm in the market for a new car for myself, hingi sana ako suggestions
    I need a vehicle big enough for 2 bikes and at least 4 persons
    It's got to be less than 1M , automatic ,easy to drive, should be able to run from pagudpod to basilan in 1 tank of gas , low maintenance ( kahit hindi linisin:) ), good looks/pogi points not necessary

Wag naman po doublecab na elf ang isuggest nyo at naisip ko na rin yun, my daughter would rather walk nalang daw Heloow!

2. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Don't get a CRV. The parts are very expensive. Even the CRV pitboss advised me to get a Toyota next time.

3. chocoboy

chocoboy

Allegra,
    Sorry to dissapoint you... But I don't think merong brand new na kotse dat fits ur requirements na below 1m :)

2nd hand... madami ka mahahanap :)

4. Astra22

Astra22

an isuzu crosswind might fit the criteria...

5. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

mitsubishi L300 FB 600k?
    L300 Van
    Nissan urvan 8-900k?
    Nissan frontier pick up 2.7/3.2L
    hyundai tucson

or

2nd hand nissan patrol/safari (diesel,PSG type).you can get a sariwa for 500-700k.sayang my friend just sold his for 500k.UN is using this all over the world.can run 800kms in a tankful of diesel.with beer cooler pa!its raining cats & dogs here!!!

6. Allegra

Allegra

Sabi underpowered daw? pero diesel consumption is appealing, kaya daw mag 20km/li

7. Allegra

Allegra

hehe I hate mitsubishi , and pag nakakita ako ng L300, automatic sakin tumitingin kung naka bonnet yung mga sakay :)

The frontier and tucson looks good , havent thought of them
    Anyone know how much?

Type ko nga din yung safari
    great suggestions

8. dinggaling

dinggaling APO Traveler

try the new toyota hi-lux p-up 2x2 lang w/in budget siguro!

9. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

10. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Are you planning to put the bikes inside the cabin or on a roof carrier?

For less than P1M you could also include the Suzuki APV and Toyota Innova in your list.

How many km is it from Pagudpod to Basilan anyway? :)

11. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

yup.suzuki APV is also nice.1.6L gas 4x4. for 600 bukos.

12. Allegra

Allegra

Know any owner reviews? :) type ko rin ah

13. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

14. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

fafa: I sold my 03 CRV kasi namumulubi na ako sa lakas ng gas! Para akong naka expedition! 5k/L lang consumption! Siyete! mabigat kasi paa ko, akala ko kasi ako si Jenson Button! hahaha!

Got a pre-owned 03 Isuzu Trooper for 950k at Isuzu QA. Although mataas asking price, 42k pa lang mileage, at ang linis ng loob. Automatic tranny, 3liter crdi diesel turbo intercooler engine, all-leather, burlwood dash, all-power, sunroof, premium stereo, removable jump seats. Actual mileage ko is 8k/L pero akala ko formula 1 driver pa rin ako! Super comfy ang ride compared to a Pajero and malakas humatak!

Brandnew Isuzu Crosswind XT is 890k, yung Sportivo is 1.45M. 2.5L turbodiesel engine. Manual ang kunin mo kasi underpowered matic tranny ng crosswind. Maaasar ka lang sa kupad! Yung 02 crosswind xt (manual) na service namin for the kids consistent at 12k/L. Ang bilis pa!

But if I were you, humanap ka ng 02-03 Trooper or Patrol! I agree with kristiansen!

15. Allegra

Allegra

16. ahtsay

ahtsay

How come no one mentioned the Toyota Hilux? It has a great diesel engine and it looks great! The flat bed on the back is spacious and can fit more than 2 bikes. We had a Frontier before and I was not a bit impressed. The ride is really stiff and the engine cannot pull its on weight onto the curb. From my experience with the 2 trucks, the Toyota is the better car hands down!

17. Allegra

Allegra

I'm a terrible driver and my 70 year old mom drives faster than me ( she's got a rav4 at feeling Danica Patrick hehe )
    Ang mahal din pala ng crosswind!I really prefer the automatic ad I rarely drive over a hundred anyway kaya ok lang kung underpowered

I'll take a look at the trooper and safari
    Nga lang I have an aversion to 2nd hand cars kasi malas yata ako sa ganyan, parati nalang lemon nakukuha ko

18. dinggaling

dinggaling APO Traveler

Ha? Ha? :upeyes:

19. Allegra

Allegra

hehe duly noted! :)
    Mejo ang mahal lang kasi e
    , more than 1M yata

20. agentrod

agentrod

Allegra,

I suggest you narrow down you're options depending on what you are going to use it for.

Do you want an SUV or a pick-up? Pick-up's tend to have a harsh ride (stiff suspension) since most of them are designed to carry 700Kg+, people who prefer this usually load them with goods or bulky materials, if its not loaded it tends to get bumpy. Added benefit is you are not bothered by the foul odor from the goods or whatever you are carrying since it is not in the same "cabin".

For SUV's, there are full size SUV's or the "cute-utes" (i.e CRV, Xtrail, RAV etc). Of course, the bigger it is, the more fuel it consumes (due to the weight). A big factor for me is if you plan to do "hardcore" off roading with it, if yes, opt for those built with ladder type chassis (Patrol, Landcruiser, Vitara,Sorento, Jimny)- stiffer and more durable than those car based "uni-body" cute-utes. Of course 4x4 is preferred for off road use.

Ride quality is also another thing to consider. If you prefer a sedan based ride, go with the cute-utes.

Lastly choose if you want a diesel or gas powered. Consumption hands down goes to Diesel (if you are OK with the Engine noise and a bit slower acceleration compared to gas engines) but take note, a full size Diesel SUV (Landcruiser) is a lot heavier compared to lets say a Gas powered CRV so the 2 may be almost the same on Peso/Km expense for fuel.

I drive an 8 seater 03CRV (4x2) which was bumpy for my taste until I upgraded the suspension close to the 5 seater model, Honda designed the suspension to ride safely even with the "claimed" 8 people present. I opted for the manual tranny and get around 8-9Km/L. I heard AT models really do have bad consumption figures.

If I were to change rides today (for less than 1M budget), 1 may go with the Innova diesel since this would fit my requirements of people (my family of 4) and stuff transport duty out-of-town during the weekends. That is since I'm not a big fan of full size 4x4 SUV's. Given a choice, I still prefer to drive a sedan for my occasional bursts of spirited driving.

Sorry for the long post.