close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carbon Fiber frames....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by protosniper, Mar 7, 2010.

1. protosniper

protosniper

Sorry if this has been brought up time after time.... Im new to this forum and a CRAZED GLOCK FAN NOW .... I`ve been really into Carbon Fiber for years. knife scales, pistol Grips, pistol frames,....etc....etc...

I have seen a few Glocks with Carbon Fiber lowers and really would like to possibly swap lowers but from what i`ve read it`s really not possible for this to happen ????.... I haven`t seen any aftermarket manufactures that offer Carbon Fiber... Only Aluminum

anybody possibly shed some light on this subject would be greatly appreciated... or possible URL to a site that sells them :supergrin:

2. FobulousGlock

FobulousGlock

I don't see why anyone is going to make a carbon fiber handgun when the polymer works just fine. One of the main reasons why I own a Glock is the price. I don't see full carbon fiber frame guns being priced near the Glock range. Unless the price of CF has dropped quite a bit over the years.

3. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Unless the price of CF has dropped quite a bit over the years. Hell no if anything its gone up like everything else in this wonderful economy.

4. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

5. FobulousGlock

FobulousGlock

I see. It would be cool to see a fully CF frame though. that glock Redhaze posted is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

6. RBL525

RBL525

ok, I ama firm believer in stock Glocks....but this is something I would do! that is SEXY....the carbon fiber with a stock slide.

7. BobbyT

BobbyT

Wrapping it in carbon fiber is pointless--it's no different from the ricers who slap tacky carbon "inserts" or "carbon-look" parts all over their Hondas.

The benefit of carbon fiber is its strength to weight ratio. Given that the stock Glock has been dropped out of planes and dragged behind trucks while maintaining functionality, I don't see much to be gained on the strength side.

As far as weight goes, you might shave a couple ounces, but it's going to make the gun more top heavy. If anything you'd want the slide made out of it, but most of that is already metal so just replacing the polymer with carbon wouldn't save you much (and you might not even be able to do that due to the heat).

Now, if Glock ever makes a carbine, that's something to consider making out of carbon fiber...

8. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

That's not even a carbon fiber wrap,.....think "water transfer decal"