Car Wax

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by redrick, Jun 11, 2020.

1. redrick

redrick

The hood on my truck has a lot of oxidation on it . I really don’t feel like using rubbing compound or a clay bar or it . Is there a wax with a cleaner in it that might would work and what is a good wheel clearer for aluminum wheels ?

It is hard to keep my car and truck clean now since I moved . I live off of a gravel road . I spent 5 hours cleaning them yesterday . I was only going to do one yesterday and one today but I got carried away .

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Try Meguiars Fine Cut Cleaner on the paint with a buffer, if it looks good after that, follow up with some good carnauba wax...Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish for the wheels. Spray-on wheel cleaner stuff works okay, but good old fashioned elbow grease is always best, IMO.

redrick likes this.

3. Lazy R

Lazy R

If the aluminum wheels are not coated (raw aluminum), you will fight with them forever.

4. redrick

redrick

The wheels are coated , but very dull . The truck is 16 years old especially for a truck that I use for hunting and it has never been garaged , until now .

5. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

I will never buy another vehicle with Chrome rims as long as I live. It takes at least three and a half hours to polish them up. Life it too short for that ****.

redrick likes this.