Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
NRA Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not talking about on the body carry here. With the increasingly frequent potential security issues while driving; I'm interested in a holster I can attach within easy, rapid access by the driver (me) of a Toyota sedan.

Points to consider.
1. I have a valid Georgia Carry permit.
2. The pistol I'll carry this way will be a G19.
3. The gun needs to be invisible from outside the car.
4. Inside the console is an option, but I'd prefer a means that doesn't require me to open that big lid.
5. Definitely not in the glove box. It's too slow to retrieve from there and a passenger will would actually be closer to it than me.

Who has experience with attaching a holster like this to the interior of the driver's area?

Reactions: litepath

·
Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner!
2,087 Posts
I've wondered thus myself. I'm not keen for the under steering wheel mounting. I have a 2012 jetta and currently keep my xds45 in the center console in a holster velcroed to the side. I keep a pair of cuffs and asp baton in the map pocket.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

·
2,087 Posts
VW actually has a drawer you can install. I have been looking at a holster that mounts on the center hump and covers the gun.

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
..... I keep a pair of cuffs and asp baton in the map pocket.

Interesting choice.

·
2,087 Posts
And brass knuckles in the center console. Force continuum you know? LOL
I was a cop so all but the knucks and the gun (non-issued) were tools of the trade.

·
Lifetime NRA member
2,622 Posts
VW actually has a drawer you can install. I have been looking at a holster that mounts on the center hump and covers the gun.

I have the drawer in my VW. My shield doesn't fit in it but extra mags and a seatbelt cutter/window breaker fit.

·
Registered
14,520 Posts
Are you right or left handed? Right handed, will it go between the seat and center console? Left handed, some kind of mount on the door or door pocket.

Make sure you check what you cover on the draw.

·
Banned
1,407 Posts
And brass knuckles in the center console. Force continuum you know? LOL
I was a cop so all but the knucks and the gun (non-issued) were tools of the trade.

Are brass knuckles legal where you live. I live in Ga but Im not sure if they are legal here. I have some. Of course I never carry them

·
2,087 Posts
Nope. Great paper weight to. Sometimes I have papers blowing around in the car.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm not talking about on the body carry here. With the increasingly frequent potential security issues while driving; I'm interested in a holster I can attach within easy, rapid access by the driver (me) of a Toyota sedan.

Points to consider.
1. I have a valid Georgia Carry permit.
2. The pistol I'll carry this way will be a G19.
3. The gun needs to be invisible from outside the car.
4. Inside the console is an option, but I'd prefer a means that doesn't require me to open that big lid.
5. Definitely not in the glove box. It's too slow to retrieve from there and a passenger will would actually be closer to it than me.

Who has experience with attaching a holster like this to the interior of the driver's area?
I make a holster called a Stick-Up (LINK). That you can mount anywhere you have room to do so.

Though it comes standard with suction cups, Lots of people including myself mount it hard with screws. Some mount it sideways under the dash, some in the LH drivers door & etc.

You mention you have a valid carry permit. Awesome! Just FYI and others, anyone as long as they can legally own a weapon can carry legally in their Automobile here in our great State. GA. considers the car an extension of your home. So visitors, welcome to Georgia.

·
Banned
1,407 Posts
I make a holster called a Stick-Up (LINK). That you can mount anywhere you have room to do so.

Though it comes standard with suction cups, Lots of people including myself mount it hard with screws. Some mount it sideways under the dash, some in the LH drivers door & etc.

You mention you have a valid carry permit. Awesome! Just FYI and others, anyone as long as they can legally own a weapon can carry legally in their Automobile here in our great State. GA. considers the car an extension of your home. So visitors, welcome to Georgia.
Yes our Ga laws are so much better than some States. I can't imagine living in the commie States

·
Registered
74 Posts
Right! The horror stories of citizens being stopped, harassed and sometimes arrested all while on vacation in other states informs my plans when I think of travel.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
The only person who thinks a weapon in this set-up would remain holstered is someone who has never been in an automobile accident. The massive force of energy caused by 3,000 lb. vehicles bouncing off each other (or off of a stationary object), will send any unsecured item flying. In this instance, the holster will come flying out from between the seat and console where it is wedged and then, when the holster reaches the end of its tether, the weapon will continue moving with far greater energy than that which was required by the gentleman in the video to unholster it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts