close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Capitol One Nailed ....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by aircarver, Jul 19, 2012.

1. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

2. Arquebus12

Arquebus12 Non-broccophobe CLM

I just got Mrs. Arquebus' balance zeroed out with these people after a long drawn out fight over automatically repeated mini charges. Worst service support ever, this took literally three billing periods to get straight; each time, I'd be assured there was a zero balance, and then I'd get an invoice for $30-50 for something obscure. I refused to pay them when I found out that these were being post-dated.

The card was canceled and shredded early this year, nothing was bought, just miscellaneous charges that took three weeks to a month to show up online. Be warned, those commercials are expensive...

3. badge315

badge315

I've known for years that Payment Protection plans are a scam...they only protect the creditor, not the debtor.

4. Ian Moone

Ian Moone

I've had one of their cards for a while now. Whenever they renew an expired card, the sales pitch for all the extras is cleverly integrated into the phone call to activate the new card. Without fail, they make it seem like there is an issue with your card activation and switch you from the automated system to a service rep ...in India.

I kinda feel sorry for the poor fellow that got me last time. He kept pushing the scam and I kept ripping deeper into his throat.

I've learned with all credit card companies, after I give them account validation info and they start in on the up-sell, I stop them and ask "Is my card now activated?" When they say yes ...I say thank you and hang up.

5. BMH

BMH Lifetime Member

"What's in your wallet?"

Apparently your hand.

6. uptomyneck

uptomyneck

The Government fining them for deceptive practices. That's rich. Using .gov logic, they could just fine themselves until they pay off the national debt.