·
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay folks lets hear all about it. Inquiring minds want to know.:wavey:

·
HOOYA DEEPSEA
4,285 Posts
This is Mrs G-R. I'll start it off.....

Bob and I are home again, had a great time. Both of us left room for improvement, but that's okay.

For it being a first match for River Bend, they did a WONDERFUL job. Congrats to all that worked that match. The site is a really nice place, and everyone working the match was more than friendly and helpful. They worked out a few minor bugs, and they ran a great match! If it had been just tad bit cooler, it would have been near perfect.

And the hot dogs were GREAT!!! Hope they have the same lady there next year!

Now I'm waiting for the pictures to be posted. . . .

Hope everyone has a safe trip home. :wavey:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just wanted to say it was nice seeing some of my old friends today. Debra, my daughter and I had a great time. I shot pretty good, just wished I remembered to put on my shooting glasses for the plate rack, I thought my front sight was blurry while I was shooting.:rofl:

Looking forward to our next match.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Nice club, 400 plus acres of rolling hills and valleys. Great folks and one heck of a job. The clubs first match jitters on day one should be over. They are doing a great job. Remember folks the RO's are mostly new and have never seen or played our game. Some are a little rough but all are doing a fine job. The sun was out and it was warm with a very very light breeze.

Make sure you go over your score cards before you initial them and head to the next station. I goofed and forgot to do now I will have to see about a reshoot or I will have to live with my goof until the next match.

Food and drink where provided by the Weenie Lady with dogs of every kind and boy talk about great.

Ok, folks come on out and get into the fun. This is going to be one of those great GSSF matches.
Nice club, 400 plus acres of rolling hills and valleys. Great folks and one heck of a job. The clubs first match jitters on day one should be over. They are doing a great job. Remember folks the RO's are mostly new and have never seen or played our game. Some are a little rough but all are doing a fine job. The sun was out and it was warm with a very very light breeze.

Make sure you go over your score cards before you initial them and head to the next station. I goofed and forgot to do now I will have to see about a reshoot or I will have to live with my goof until the next match.

As always is sure is great to run into folks you have not seen for a long time. Peacekeeper and family it sure was a great surprise to see you folks again.

Pharaoh.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well day one is under our belt! Scott tells me we ran about 189 guns today and expect another 100 or so tomorrow, not bad for our first dance!

Indeed we had a couple first time jitters early on but only one of my 28 ROs had ever shot a GSSF match so I think they did a great job. The best part was seeing how the Cowboys, Shotgunners, High Power, and Action pistol folks all pulled together to deliver a great day. The biggest oversight on the day was Dinner; yep my fault! I got so wrapped up in the operations and planning that I totally forgot to plan some evening entertainment for my buddies from out of town. Sorry about that guys...I will make it up to you next year.

I will see some of you tomorrow but for those who I do not, thank you for coming out and supporting us! Looks like River Bend may be a regular stop moving forward.

Mark

·
Registered
497 Posts
thanks to the members of the river bend club,you put on a great shoot,also to the ro's you did a great job for your first time,thanks for putting the signs out on the highway at each turn to the club,all the members were all friendly,thank guys.

now to the shooting,i was the first to shoot the plates on the left side,shoot one plate 3 times though i missed it it would not fall,but the ro stoped me and they fixed the rack,let me start over.

i even remembered to put 11 rounds in my magazines this time,great shoot hope they have it their next year.:wow:

·
Registered
13,415 Posts
it was hot, but i think that's to be expected for GA in July. got to see a few friends again, saw mark for the first time in a year or so. very nice range. ROs did a good job and for not having GSSF experience i'd say a great job. they looked a little short handed but not to the point of causing any real problems. i even helped out on the plate rack for a little bit while i was waiting to shoot. the hot dogs were as good as any i ever had. seems more and more matches don't have food, glad to see it there.

my shooting was off for the day and my scores reflect it, on the plus side i had some great runs one a stage or two but the would drop the ball on th next stage to hurt the score. i did have a couple of really fast runs on the plates. maybe i ought to resort to practice?
someone stopped me and took my picture, no idea who it was or why. first time that'sever happened.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
And the hot dogs were GREAT!!! Hope they have the same lady there next year!
absolutely!!!

and talk about a beautiful range!!!! I wonder if they would consider selling me a one acre lot to build a vacation home on.

had a great time, with some great people!

Thank you MLeeber, Scott, all the RO's, and all the Glock people who made for a terrific weekend.

·
5 or 6 rounds?
981 Posts
First of all, thanks to Mark Leeber and R.O.'s that ran the match. Yeah, the weather was a little hot but it didn't rain and wash out the match. I look forward to next year.

Hey Mark next year let have some shirts for sale.

Again hats off to Mark and his Range Officers.::thumbsup:

·
just me
8,176 Posts
it was a GREAT range and i hope that they can do it next year and i want to thank all THE R.O.S AND THE RANGE :supergrin:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey Guy

The weather was great - first time I haven't soaked my t-shirt at the range in the last six weeks. I did find the air a little thin climbing the hills, but the view was beautiful and the match ran fast. I arrived at 11:26 and finished at 1:00. The brother-in-law had to visit the armorer. He shot well for not cleaning his comp G22 for months (maybe 6), finishing about half an hour later.

The RO did an outstanding job - one worked very patiently with a new shooter and was friendly to all. Can't wait to pop some more caps in Georgia.:wavey:

Harvey at PC, FL

·
Registered
847 Posts
Just got in and did some unpacking.What a GREAT match. It was a little hot in the morning, but as the day went on the breeze started and got alot nicer. Mark Leeber and all the RO's did an outstanding job with everything. :thumbsup: Definitely everyone needs to put next years match on there calender.

·
Registered
847 Posts
it was a GREAT range and i hope that they can do it next year and i want to thank all THE R.O.S AND THE RANGE :supergrin:
HEY! SCC! Where's the picture of "THE HILL":faint:

·
Registered
13,415 Posts
this is all i got is the one with the deer on it :whistling:

deer? i thought it was a goat. don't you feed them down there and fatten them up for hunting season?

edit: who won the raffle? since no one called i'm guessing it wasn't me.

·
you son of a
1,394 Posts
A wonderful day at a wonderful range! Kudos to the staff and the and the Glock group for another great match.

Once again I proved that I cannot miss fast enough to win. Some of the plates managed to dodge my shots Matrix-style. It was impressive. I wish I had video.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Spoiler.

the "deer" is one of those 3D Archery targets that some wag put up there. It gets a lot of double-takes!

·
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks River Bend Gun Club for hosting a great match. You have a beautiful facility and did an outstanding job hosting your first of I hope many GSSF Matches. Thanks Mark for all your hard work and your crew is one to be proud of. Hey, be sure the "Weenie Lady" is still there next year. She had some dinomite hot dogs and sausages.

Thanks GSSF Staff for you dedicated efforts, you did your normal great job.

I thoroughly enjoyed visiting with old friends and meeting some new ones. I will be back next year.

Don

·
Registered
847 Posts
absolutely!!!

and talk about a beautiful range!!!! I wonder if they would consider selling me a one acre lot to build a vacation home on.

had a great time, with some great people!

Thank you MLeeber, Scott, all the RO's, and all the Glock people who made for a terrific weekend.
Rusty
Call GSSF. You have a problem with your scores

1 - 20 of 32 Posts