Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NRA Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the AKARS from Parabellum Arms, installed it and suddenly it became real obvious real fast that my front sight was canted to the left. I put it on a ssr-85c-2 that is now at the gunsmith having the front sight re-aligned. Apparently it has to be drilled out, heated, coaxed to the right and refinished. Does $70-80 sound about right?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I bought the AKARS from Parabellum Arms, installed it and suddenly it became real obvious real fast that my front sight was canted to the left. I put it on a ssr-85c-2 that is now at the gunsmith having the front sight re-aligned. Apparently it has to be drilled out, heated, coaxed to the right and refinished. Does $70-80 sound about right?
I have a WASR that I bought in 07 [A rifle known for canted sights etc, I believe mine to be off just slightly to the shooters left .I could fix it myself [you tube ,books] but lack the time & tools so I'd pay 70-80$ to not have to worry about it myself. Being new I WOULD COMPLAIN TO PARABELLUM ARMS & let them know they now have 1 less future customer.

·
NRA Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was not clear and apologize. The Parabellum Armament AK-Adaptive Rail system I installed brought to my attention that the front sight was canted to the left. I'm happy with the sight system. I thought the movement of the front sight was easier than explained to me.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
You really have 2 options:

1) if it zeros fine, leave it and run it as is. It may look funny, but it will function.

2) if it won't zero, or it bugs you, unpin the front sight block, straighten it, then re-drill and re-pin it. Bashing it straight without re-drilling and re-pinning will only solve the problem temporarily, as it will move back to canted eventually.

If you go with the latter option, I suggest a qualified AK-smith do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.