close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can't view .jpg or .gif files.........ARGH!!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ERASER, Jan 10, 2006.

1. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

Well, I'm running XP and I tried to view a .gif that I downloaded from a thread on GT (a boxing kitten from a thread about two kickfighters). Anyway,nothing happened when I clicked on it, so I tried to open a .jpg file. Again, nothing. So, I checked a few more .jpg files and still no luck (I don't think I have any more .gif files and I don't know which other file types might be affected). I thought I'd go into Program Files and try to find where Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (the program associated with the .jpg and .gif files) was and try to run it manually. I couldn't find that program and it didn't pop up in the list when I right-clicked on the file and chose Open With.
    After some searching on the internet I found a site that was supposed to put my registry back to the default setting....well, now there is no program associated with these two file types. ARGH!

Do any of you have any ideas what the heck happened to Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and where I can find it on my computer? If so, how can I make it the default program for these types of files?

Thanks, in advance, for your time and consideration!

2. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

3. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

4. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

I have no idea what caused it, but that link took me right to the solution! I knew you guys could solve this problem. Thanks a million!!