"Can't Miss" Matches

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by km625, Nov 8, 2005.

1. km625

km625

Hi All:

As the season winds down, and us New Yorkers look forward
    to snow season, it's time to look ahead to next season.

Which 2005 matches were very well run? Which deserve our
    tourist dollars for 2006? Which match was the highlight
    of your season (and why)?

My only 2005 match was at Topton, so I don't have enough
    GSSF experience to properly interpret the match reports.

Almost as an afterthought--which matches (if any) are to
    be avoided.

kmorris
    CNY

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

in no real order i'd say lexington, conyers, marietta, and richmond ought to be at the top of your list. i'm still thinking about ft benning and orlando to end this season with. for 06-07 i'm thinking anderson, richmond, statesville ( if they have it) indy, marietta, fulton, vermont, brighton, conyers, lexington, topton and maybe they'll add a few more new ones local to me.

3. Ranger54

Ranger54

I only made Lubbock so far this year and would call it a don't miss, very well run, great people, neat range, fun. I have been to dallas once, San Antonio three times, and enjoy them also, but Lubbock for a first time match was very good.

4. OMF64

OMF64

Holly Cow; I am wanting to try a GSSF match, could probably only make a couple a year. Gee then I see all those matches that "ede" has shot and plans to shoot and am wondering if it's worth it to me if I can only go to a couple. I don't see too many here in the midwest area unless I am not reading the schedule correctly. I also noticed several were cancelled on the web site schedule. Is this normal? Why would they cancel a match after having it scheduled? Boy as a new guy I see I have a lot of research to do and probably many questions to follow.

5. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

I'm very partial to my 'home' match (Oakdale, MN) but the fact is they do a very good job. Lexington is a pure gem and shouldn't be missed. Brighton, MI is an up & coming match staffed by some folks with the right attitude and should only grow better.

I'd prefer never to 'avoid' a match, but if I don't have the travel time next year to do 2 in 1 weekend, and they don't get a few ROs' attitude squared away, I'll be staying away from Hallsville & concentrate on Brighton. A real shame because I love MO and get to go right by Brownell's on the way.

Am still trying to get to Indy and 2006 will be the year. Under the heading of "the next big thing" I'd love to do Lubbock and then drive up to Lexington as a package.
    Tim, didn't you say you've got a camper...?

;?

6. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

I'm definitely looking into the camper situation for next year.

I've got access to a camper/truck, but I haven't seen it yet so I don't know how big or how many people could comfortably ride.

I know it's on a crew cab pickup, so there's at least room for 4/5 depending on the length of drive.

7. Terminator

Terminator

Ive thoroughly enjoyed the matches ive been to this year, and i have to say that of them them the cant miss matches are:

(1)Lexington, What can i say. love the range. Its home away from home, and the best run event ive been to to date.
    (2)Anderson, I love the feeling in SC and Skip J makes it great.
    (3)Richmond, Great time and good range. Nice RO's too
    (4)Marietta, This is a gem of a match with a great bunch of RO's. Its a bit out of the way but worth the trip. I dont think many people know of this one, but should. Loved it!
    (5)Indy, Old man Jim Harlan and the rest of the RO'S had it running smooth, but maaaaan it was hotter than blue blazes in IN. I almost had a heat stroke but i had a good time. see ya next year!! :)

One sad note is ill miss statesville, but im glad i made it once before the range went away. Ill treasure that one for sure even though i didint shoot very well.

8. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

You may still have another shot at Statesville.

They are going to try to squeeze in one more probably in March.:)

9. Terminator

Terminator

Thats good news!!
    Ill try to make that for sure.

10. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I try to make the three or four matches close to Columbus, OHio. I usually hit the Indy, Marietta (not this year, though), Lexington and this year the new one, Brighton. I love them all, they're fun with great people there. My favorite is the Lexington match. The people are great there, like you live there. Also, the ride down there is beautiful in the fall. Next March, I am hoping to get to go to Ft. Benning. Let's see, that's after income tax refund time, isn't it?;a ;a

11. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

You are so right about that; beautiful country & wonderful folks. Hope next year to take more time, maybe my CFO will come along & we can do some exploring.
    ^c

12. Maxthemutt

Maxthemutt

Lubbock is my can't miss match. Oakdale is great and is a won't miss match for me. Hallsville will get bumped for Brighton from the reviews I've read. I may look into seeing what a hassle it is to fly with a gun and try Orlando.

13. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?