close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cant have too many doggie toys.

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by cznut, Jul 13, 2006.

1. cznut

cznut

Hows this for a pile of playthings?:supergrin: [​IMG]

2. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I now feel better about all the cat toys strewn about our house (and kitty prefers a milk tie over them) :supergrin:

3. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

I have about 25 cat toys all up and down the stairs here........

.......and probably 10--15 more all around the house.

Play mice, play balls, play fluffy things..........

It looks like a dayum daycare here I tell ya.........!!! heh!!

4. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Hey MK........

I quit giving my boys those milk rings.........I found 2 of them chewed up real good, and split in half.......and I was thinking they were eating the plastic, so now I don't give it to them anymore........I agree......Max LOVES them, but I just can't chance them eating them and then me having to go to the vet because it got lodged in the intestines.

Another thing........you know the Sunday paper comes with a big rubber band on it?? Well it does here anyway, well I used to give them this big rubber band.......they loved it. Until I saw that Max had thrown up and a part of the rubber band was in the mess.......

Rubber bands are out now at our house too..........gotta find something else that is cheap 'n easy entertainment!!

If your cats don't eat/chew milk rings and rubber bands, you are lucky!!! They make the BEST toys!!

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Peachie,

I have never found a chewed milktie, other than one that had gotten caught under something and the teeth marks were from gripping to get it back out. Missy is the milktie nut and she isn't a chewer.

Fred is a chewer. He will chew/steal your pen while you are writing. I thought maybe he would chew rawhide sticks but no such luck.

The kitties favorite toy is a cardboard scratching pad. They got it for Christmas, was $3. I give them fresh catnip on it and stand back and watch the fighting :supergrin:

Other favorite toys are empty shoeboxes and paper grocery sacks. I am paranoid about plastic grocery bags--afraid one will get in there and suffocate even tho they love them.

All three love the "fishing rod" toys. I hide them when I am not playing with them for fear of somebody getting choked. :sad:

6. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Another favorite of Missy's is el' cheapo jewlery. I get her necklaces at Dollar Tree. Nothing fancy, just a shiny chain. She LOVES them. Any mylar balloons. She can have latex balloons when I am with her but mylar doesn't pop so she is safe with them unsupervised. I leave them on about 3-4 feet of ribbon and tie it to a toy so it won't float off. She pulls it down, smacks it a few times then lets it float away.

We don't do rubber bands here either.

7. SomeDay

SomeDay

Okay, I'm not going to start another thread for this, but this reminded me of a story. My wife and I were at Costco a few years ago and she came across a set of four "toys" (stuffed-animal looking things IIRC). My wife gets excited and says "wow, that would be great for the girls, there's four - one for each!" She could not figure out why I was laughing to save her life! I said, "honey, the're dog toys!" All I got was an "oh, ah ... let's go" I love to remind her about that every once in a while.:supergrin: