close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can't get here using Mozilla

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Soujurn, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Soujurn

Soujurn Deus Diligo USA

When I use Internet Explorer to log onto Glock Talk I have no problem.
    But when I try it with Mozilla, I get some little message box that says it doesn't know how to open the file... And list some weird jumble of letters and numbers.

Any idea why?

When I open the file using IE, it prints out some long HTML code.

Edited to add: Netscape won't bring me here either.

2. garyo

garyo Millennium Member

Soujurn

I'm using Mozilla and don't have any problem on GT. I'm using the latest version 1.4.1, but I also keep my system pretty clean. You might try removing the GT cookie, and always get rid of any temp internet files. If that does not do it, then completely remove Mozilla and all traces of the program and reinstall.

3. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

I am using Mozilla 1.3 (and used 1.21 before), and never had problems with this board. Perhaps you accidently replied "No" when it asked you if it could store a cookie? Check "Edit--> Preferences--> Privacy & Security--> Cookies--> Manage Stored Cookies--> Cookie Sites" and make sure glocktalk.com is not among the sites that may not store cookies. Than go back to the "Cookies" area and click on "Ask me before storing a cookie". You may also make sure that "Enable cookies for the originating web site only" is ON. That way if you allow permanently a trusted site like glocktalk.com to store cookies, you won't get a bunch of advertising spy cookies also.

4. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

There was a problem for a brief period last Saturday night, when the webserver on this box got messed up, but it was quickly fixed. If you happened to be online when that problem occurred, you could have cached the page and the browser might still think it does not know how to open the file. You'll need to clear the browser's cache, close any browser windows open and then open a new browser window. The problem should be fixed. I'm not sure offhand where you clear your browser's cache in Mozilla, but it is probably in your browser options/config area. Eric