close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

can't download GSSF results

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 40blaster, May 18, 2003.

1. 40blaster

40blaster

For some reason I cannot get PDF fliles to open. I downloaded new version of Adobe but still no match results. It starts to download, gets one percent and then I loose it. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong, other than shooting IPSC, Fireglock.
    Fred

2. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Sometimes I have to close down any other open programs. I am not sure why that is but if I go to download & can't get it to open, I just shut down everything that I don't need. Printer, etc. Then it opens. Good luck, MLM

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

;f Check and make sure you only have one copy of Acrobat reader on your computer. Sometimes older versions will cause problems if they're still on your computer. You may have to remove all copies and then download a fresh copy of the latest version. :) If that doesn't do it e-mail me and I'll just send you a copy of the file for now.

4. triggerpresser

triggerpresser

Another thing you might check for. When you download Acrobat Reader from Adobe's site, you have not actually installed it at that point. What you have done normally is to install on your computer an installation file that will install the new version once you open that new file. Find that Installation File on your computer (probably on your desktop), un-install the older version you have been using and then re-install using the newly downloaded version. I went through this a couple of years ago. Good Luck...

5. 40blaster

40blaster

I finally figured it out. I thought it would open the file instead it was downloading it. I found all the tries in my download file. Thanks for all the help.