GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Between the 19x and 19 I would definitely go for the latter. The 19 is a better carry gun for me. I would have trouble concealing the long grip frame of the 17, 45 or 19x.

The 19 looks more symmetrical to me.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS. This has the most versatility of any 9mm Glock. If they made the 23 in a Gen 5 MOS, it'd prefer that.

The OP said he owns a 23. He should just get a conversion barrel an 9mm mags, and use that to start.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I bought new 19 Gen 5 MOS a few weeks ago with Vortex Viper optic. Added Talon Grip and yesterday I installed Dawson fiber optic raised sights to allow co witness. Looks great and I am sure it will shoot great on next range visit.

·
Reformed 1911 Shooter
389 Posts
I may very well be one of the only few that DOES NOT OWN a 9 mm GLock and I'm looking to purchase my first to add to my Glock Collection. I've only shot 45 acp and own 5 of these (and one G23 that is a safe queen), all Glocks. I'm leaning towards either the G19x, G43x or G48. Having never owned a 9 mm I'm not sure which one to take home first!!!! I know it's not a problem to complain about but I just don't know which one I want first! I keep going back to 19x with 43x in a close 2nd place! What to do, what to do?
What's the mission?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I think posting a pic would be appropriate

I bought new 19 Gen 5 MOS a few weeks ago with Vortex Viper optic. Added Talon Grip and yesterday I installed Dawson fiber optic raised sights to allow co witness. Looks great and I am sure it will shoot great on next range visit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
What's the mission?
EDC Rotation and occasional friendly competitions.

I bought a G43x and waiting on delivery of a G17 MOS. My wife and I really liked the feel of the G43x on the range so when I found one locally I gave it a new home. No issues with it yet. I ordered the Night Fision Accur8 sights for it which should arrive this week.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Get whatever 9mm Glock you think fits you best. I went to buy a Gen 5 19 and ended up strongly disliking some of its features. I ended up buying a Gen 4 19, and although I’m not much of a fan of the finger grooves I am very pleased with it. We are being issued G45s soon at work and they seem pretty sweet too.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
My vote is A Glock 19... it the all around BEST gun made!!

Reactions: budman74

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I don't know why you have left the poor G-23 in the safe.
My G-23 is my favorite Glock. but the rest of them are all close.
I have more 9mm = 4, 40s = 3, 45s = 2, 22s = 1
I recently picked up a G-43X that is fast becoming my EDC.
My G-23 has been my EDC for years.
I may just start a Carry Rotation.
19, 23, 43, 30S, and see how it works out.
Well I have decided that my next Glock will be a G-45.
Later own, a G-21SF? That will remain to be seen.
What you decide is up to you just get out and shoot what you can and decide what seems best for you.
No matter what every one else likes it may not work for you.
Back several years ago I was wanting something smaller to carry. I went and got a G-26 and then kept trying to like it. Just didn't work for me. I got rid of it.
Last year I kept reading on here how Great the 26 is, and how it is the best Glock. Well I made a deal for a barely used G-26, Night Sights, Six Mags, Holster.
That didn't work out the G-26 is just too short and Fat for me. The mags were Three different sizes, and that didn't help either. I took off the New Night Sights and put factory Plastic sights, and sold it with the other stuff, and still made money on it.
I bought me a G-30S, and we get along just fine.
So don't let others tell you what to buy. Decide for your self what you like, and get it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you decide on your 9 OP?

I’d say:
G19
G26
G43

I really want to like the newer 9s but it seems like all these models (or some) will be discontinued one day. Are they going to use a 26 frame with a 34 slide now? It is getting crazy but good for them.&

The G43x I really liked a lot, but I do not like silver and it really is not a pocket gun compared to the 43 in designation.

I started with the 19, bought the 26 for compatibility, but for CC, the 43 is the best IMO.

Buy what you like and enjoy your decision.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Did you decide on your 9 OP?

I’d say:
G19
G26
G43

I really want to like the newer 9s but it seems like all these models (or some) will be discontinued one day. Are they going to use a 26 frame with a 34 slide now? It is getting crazy but good for them.&

The G43x I really liked a lot, but I do not like silver and it really is not a pocket gun compared to the 43 in designation.

I started with the 19, bought the 26 for compatibility, but for CC, the 43 is the best IMO.

Buy what you like and enjoy your decision.
I bought a G43x and put in an order/waiting on a G17 MOS. My wife and I both liked the G43x and so far it's been perfect with no hiccups after 200 rds of Remington 115 FMJ ammo. I will slap some Night Fision Accur8 Sights on it and call it good. I also have a Vedder Lighttuck on it's way as this is being written. Not writing off a G19(or 19x) or G45 but will shoot the G17 a while when I get it and go from there!
G43X Pic003.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought a G43x and put in an order/waiting on a G17 MOS. My wife and I both liked the G43x and so far it's been perfect with no hiccups after 200 rds of Remington 115 FMJ ammo. I will slap some Night Fision Accur8 Sights on it and call it good. I also have a Vedder Lighttuck on it's way as this is being written. Not writing off a G19(or 19x) or G45 but will shoot the G17 a while when I get it and go from there!
View attachment 554006
That is my favorite one really. Nice purchase!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Get the G48, feels as good as a Combat Commander 1911 in the hand, aims perfectly also.

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,353 Posts
I believe the 19 is the best all around Glock made by Glock.

Reactions: quantico
61 - 80 of 87 Posts