GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Free Full Clip!
17,124 Posts
So because you say so, Glocks are supposed to be black? Hmmm interesting. I had no idea that you were the be all end all authority of what people are supposed to like. I like the color of the 19X and it was that color for a reason, same as the Sig that won the contract.
I will get a memo out to Smyrna so they know to check with you before making decisions.

·
Glocked out, have a new SIGness!
1,233 Posts
Since every manufacturer on the planet makes a copy of it, there must be something good about a 19. Just get one and be happy.
9VE comes to mind LOL

Reactions: tuica

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
The local shooting league is USPSA so I'll have to look into the different classes and what is/is not allowed. Thank you!
This makes it very easy. Get either a G34.5 MOS or a G17.5 MOS. You’ll be legal for all double stack divisions with add-ons and you can add a dot later as your eyes age.

I really liked the G19 sized grip before spending some time with a full size grip. Obviously there isn’t anything wrong with the compacts but I can do everything better and faster with the larger frame. Also, I’m not a fan of the “hybrids” with the short sight radius. I found out how important sight alignment was at a young age and it’s been proven to me many times over the years that it is simply easier to do at speed with a longer slide.

·
Me fail English? That's unpossible
3,643 Posts
19, 19x, or 45 would be my suggestions unless you want something in the compact carry department. Then maybe 26, or 43x? Go get you paws on them and see which one fits you like a glove

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
1,233 Posts
This makes it very easy. Get either a G34.5 MOS or a G17.5 MOS. You’ll be legal for all double stack divisions with add-ons and you can add a dot later as your eyes age.

I really liked the G19 sized grip before spending some time with a full size grip. Obviously there isn’t anything wrong with the compacts but I can do everything better and faster with the larger frame. Also, I’m not a fan of the “hybrids” with the short sight radius. I found out how important sight alignment was at a young age and it’s been proven to me many times over the years that it is simply easier to do at speed with a longer slide.
Sight radius isnt everything to everyone. I can shoot tighter groups with a 26 than a 17L. I have never figured out why.

Reactions: Captq

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
19, 19x, or 45 would be my suggestions unless you want something in the compact carry department. Then maybe 26, or 43x? Go get you paws on them and see which one fits you like a glove

I did just that. Even picked up a G17 for comparison. I keep going back to the 19x (and 45). Haven't found a 19 G5 without the cut out to wrap my hand around. I like the way the 19x/45 feels but haven't shot either yet. I looked at the 48 and 43x today at the LGS and they're nice too. Tonight/Tomorrow night are the weekly League Nights at a local indoor range. I'm thinking about heading there to see if I can't run a few rounds through different guns.

·
US Army Vet.
53 Posts
I always switched between a 19 and 26. Bought a factory Glock 26 12 round mag with a pinky extension and the 26 feels like a full size gun. 12 plus 1 capacity isn't bad either. Now I pretty much stay with the 26. If it were me I'd stay with the Gen 4 because there is so much after market stuff. Just my 2 cents.

·
1 WILD PIG
286 Posts
Whichever fits your hand the best... but, for me, the regular 19 isn't it...hump in the wrong place, and on the Gen5, the cut out. I've always liked the 17 ...and the 26 is it's perfect companion and most excellent for concealed carry. However, I just got a 19X two days ago... and as you said that you keep going back to this and the 45... I'd choose between those. I went with the 19x over the 45 just because of it's "history". I've never owned a "different" colored handgun but, I really like this one ! ... and the fit and balance in my hand makes me glad I bought it every time I pick it up.

I'm one that likes forward grip serrations and I like the 45 because of that and for the "all 17 models" mag compatibility... but, as the finish on the 19x is grippier than the normal black finish, it serves the front serration purpose ...and I have a good supply of mags for all 17s except the Gen5s so... good to go on both of those accounts. I'll always keep a 17 in my herd as it is an excellent combat pistol and was the original model... probably my Gen3... but, the fit and balance of these hybrids have really stirred me and if I was going for my first full sized Glock, one of these would be it... ok, ok... the 19x... and maybe a 45 later on... (grin)

·
Me fail English? That's unpossible
3,643 Posts
I did just that. Even picked up a G17 for comparison. I keep going back to the 19x (and 45). Haven't found a 19 G5 without the cut out to wrap my hand around. I like the way the 19x/45 feels but haven't shot either yet. I looked at the 48 and 43x today at the LGS and they're nice too. Tonight/Tomorrow night are the weekly League Nights at a local indoor range. I'm thinking about heading there to see if I can't run a few rounds through different guns.
I got the 19x last year and love shooting it. The 45 hadn't hit the market then. However I really like the peanut butter pistol. It's a unique color and it grew on me. It's usually in my EDC bag, but I do carry my G30 as well.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I shoot the 19X and G45 better than any Glock I've owned. Definitely try before you buy though, I have to use gen4 hight sights on both or poi is low.
20190413_133425.jpg 20181215_125024.jpg

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
1st - Glock 19 because it is truly a do everything pistol.

2nd - Glock 43 because it is a great CCW pistol and they simply work.

I will start with these first and maybe pick up a Glock 26 or 19x because you will likely buy more Glock pistols.

·
1,233 Posts
I got the 19x last year and love shooting it. The 45 hadn't hit the market then. However I really like the peanut butter pistol. It's a unique color and it grew on me. It's usually in my EDC bag, but I do carry my G30 as well.

I've never liked the 17 size pistols. Its aestheticly unpleasant to me, due to the slide length. I've always preferred the compacts. The 19X I actually love, and it inspired me for my 32. I'm going to run an X-Grip, G31 mag with a Glock oem +2 for open carry. Plus the 19X is actually cheaper than the G45 ($518 vs $539 wholesale). I haven't gotten to fire one yet, but I can't wait to wrap my hands around some peanut butter as you say it lol

·
1,233 Posts
1st - Glock 19 because it is truly a do everything pistol.

2nd - Glock 43 because it is a great CCW pistol and they simply work.

I will start with these first and maybe pick up a Glock 26 or 19x because you will likely buy more Glock pistols.
I've said it before, the Glock 19, is THE greatest 9mm carry pistol available today. Period! They are light, accurate, easy to maintain and stone cold reliable.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hadn't thought about the G45. Thanks for the reminder!
The 45 definately deserves a look. I love mine, the mags are the same as the standard Glock 17, the 19X is not. I bought a BL with the Ameriglo Bold sight option. I could not be happier! It needs nothing else. YMMV

Joe

41 - 60 of 87 Posts