close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

can't decide how to use the purchase certif.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glocken-spiel, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Glocken-spiel

Glocken-spiel

i'm a new member to GSSF and my purchase certificate came in the mail a few weeks ago. it's one of the "previous" certificates that will expire April 1, and future certicates won't have quite as good a pricing on them (though they will have more dealers participating).

i don't want to waste the certificate, but i don't really NEED another gun. still i'll never find a new one at THIS price again. i have a G26 and a used G23 (2nd gen). my oldest son has a G21sf and i was surprised at how well i liked shooting it. if i did more hiking i would probably go for a G21sf for myself, but a .40sw is good enough for me if/when that occasion arises.

my first instinct is to get a new G23 rtf2 and maybe sell my older G23 (or not??). decisions, decisions.

i do also like the long guns, 17L, G34/G35, but also cost a bit more (that would mean paying even more for a gun i don't really need). besides, what would i really use them for -- i'm not a match shooter (yet?).

appreciate your opinions.

2. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

Get yourself a 34

3. Rob62

Rob62 My word is my bond

I'm guessing not many of us on here "need" another gun. Wanting is different. :supergrin:

If I remember the program prices correctly, basically any standard Glock is $399. The 34/35's/etc/long slide/competition models are around $465

Taking in the Glocks you listed as already owning. I'd recommend the classic G17 specially if you don't own a 9mm semi auto (But you probably do). Next up and tied with th G17, is the G22. All things considered to me the G22 is the best all around choice for a person that already shoots handguns. Good magazine capacity at 15rds and its caliber begins with a 4.

Rob

4. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

I bought my G17 for $398.20, some stores don't know about the price increase. Call around your local stores that honor it.

Here's my latest.
    [​IMG]

5. scott314

scott314

I was about to post this exact same situation. I need to move quickly to take advantage of the old cert, but I don't want to "waste" it. I have a 2nd gen G19, as well as a host of other non-glock 9mm's. I have no interest in a glock in .40.

I carry every day; usually my G19 or my Taurus TCP. I also compete in IDPA 2x/month using my G19. The models that have me tempted are:

4th gen G17 for IDPA
    G26 for CCW and subcompact matches
    G36 for the size advantage
    G29 or G30 for something different (may spend more time this summer hiking/camping)
    Something else entirely?

Help me Glock Talk, you're my only hope!

6. HexHead

HexHead

G26 is the perfect companion to the G19 when you want something a little smaller. If I could only have one Glock, it would be my G26 because it's so versatile.

7. Leathernecker

Leathernecker More Glocks!

I'm in the same boat.

I think I'm just going to buy a G21 and leave it in the box and wait to trade it to someone who has a good 2nd Gen and wants to trade.

8. mesteve2

mesteve2

To stop the bg = .45 gap in the model 38.:wavey:

9. Spike32

Spike32

Send it to me...I'll make sure it's disposed of properly. :whistling:

10. Rob62

Rob62 My word is my bond

Not to hijack the thread, but what are the new GSSF/LEO prices going to be ?

scott314 - of the guns you listed, I'd go with either the G17 or G26 for the reasons you cited. Thinking outside your list why not a G22 or G23. A G23 for CCW is a mighty nice carry rig. Not any bigger in physical size than your G19 but its a .40 cal.

Thanks,
    Rob

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  11. vmann

vmann Controller

can you give the certificate to anyone or is it not transferable...

12. deathpriest

deathpriest

G21 SF RTF2 or G36, go 45 ACP. I am sure you can trade down any day. It will be like $505 ODD. You will neve find that again.

I gor a G23 RTF2 and love it.

Either way, use it or loose it.

Blessings