close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cant = Cannot ?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by habanero69, Apr 2, 2010.

1. habanero69

habanero69 Glock Addict CLM

I like many others here are still on the hunt for a holster that I find reasonably comfortable and will wear. I have the proverbial drawer full of the one and done's...

I am 5'8", 150 so a rather average body to deal with; no tummy or love handles yet... I am a lefty which makes testing holsters at a local gun show practically impossible; they rarely have lefty models. I currently carry a G27 in a Don Hume IWB appendix carry and find that my best to date config. I want to carry my G30, but have found its extra thickness to be an issue. I wont bother with OWB since I am in Florida and rarely dress appropriately to support OWB. Carrying on my hip at 9:00 just juts out or prints way too much.

I am considering try a MTAC or CTAC, possibly neutral cant for the "M". I am not much of a fan of kydex, but might give these a try since they are hybrids. Any other recommendations for IWB, FL locale, etc.? I have found holsters that have cant to actually cause me to print more than those that are more neutral. I don't like wearing shirts that are so large it looks like I'm hiding a nuclear weapon beneath them. :faint:

2. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

I purchased a RH Crossbreed Supertuck based on reviews here, and am wearing it now at 4:30. I'm slim, and aside from having to watch when I reach or bend over, it disappears and is very comfortable.

3. 1baddmax

1baddmax

4. dosei

dosei

...tell me about your belt and if you have tried pants/shorts with a larger waist than your pre-carry size.

It would also be good for us to know what all is in that drawer full of "one & done's".

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  5. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

Thicker weapons will dictate the use of larger shirts. You're gonna have to dress around the weapon you carry.

6. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

We're about the same size, plus I'm a lefty, too, so I know what you're going thru. Long story short, I went w/a CTAC for my G27 & it works pretty well in the 9:00 area. I've tried some of the other popular IWB holsters too, but w/less than desirable results. PM me & I'll give you the details

7. habanero69

habanero69 Glock Addict CLM

I have a beltman 1.5" that I am using and I do for the most part try and wear pants a size bigger. That works ok for casual, but oversized dress pants tend to make you look like you crapped your pants if they are too big/droopy. I still want and need women to at least cast a glance my way and not comment on the guy with the flood water/baggy trousers... Holsters tried are a lot to mention, but I've not tried M/CTAC, Milt Sparks, Crossbreed, , etc. Cost is no option, but waiting 12 months for something that may or may not work doesn't sound practical.

8. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

With My Mtac I didn't up size pants much at all and a xtra large shirt covers it-A xtra large is not real loose fitting on me and a large is tight(I wear larges at work so at to not get caught in machinery or other dangerous construction hazards) so I'm not dressed like a GANGSTA tryin to hide my GAT
    Dress pants and tucked in dress shirt is to me THE BEST at concealing a gun(G23) for me other than a trench coat-seriously it just flat dissaprears:wow:I was shocked
    I wear mine at about 3:30 and it's a reg cant Mtac
    Good luck:wavey:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  9. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Why is that?

10. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

It is a common misconception among folks new to firearms carry that cant is somehow automatically preferable, or "the more the better". The contrary is the case if you're carrying at 9 or 3 o'clock. Zero cant is what you're shooting for, so to speak, if you're carrying at those positions. Cant is only beneficial to a) assist in drawstroke only where the weapon is carried behind 3 or 9, or in some cases, if worn cross draw, or b) where the size of the grip of the weapon indicates rotating the butt toward the centerline of the gun to reduce printing, or to clear seatbacks.

11. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I agree with the above.

I carry a G19 in an M-TAC and am using the same clip notch front/back. Any noticeable forward cant and it actuall prints more becasue the top/rear of the slide (behind rear site) actually pokes forward too far....and the grip starts to point out a bit in the back.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  12. finz50

finz50

I'm located in the FL panhandle and carry all the time with my MTAC. I usually wear it around 3:30/4:00 and love it. After a week or two, you'll forget it's there..BTW, it comes with the adjustable clips (5 on each side) so you can pretty much adjust the cant any way imaginable....