close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can't access site !!!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Locke, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Locke

Locke

;P
    Looks like there's a DNS problem.

I did find 65.121.170.156 as the correct ip for the site and got "Eric's Test page", so I assumed host headers are in use and added glocktalk.com and www.glocktalk.com to my HOSTS file. It's working for me, but check your records - your authoritatve server currently has *no* "A" record for the site...

2. Locke

Locke

Let me amend that - instead looks like you have multiple "authoritative" DNS Servers out there. A.GLTD-SERVERS.NET claims authority, but NS1, NS2, and NS3.ARITAH.COM show up in the caching DNS box I checked.

the A.GLTD-SERVERS box is run by Verisign?

3. turet

turet Millennium Member

I've had trouble since last night, sporatically.

4. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

A.GLTD-SERVERS is one of the com servers. If you did a dig or nslookup and got that, it means that it doesn't know about glocktalk (or the other domain name you were looking for).

Eric said that he let the registration lapse, so all of the NS servers for glocktalk.com would have been taken out of the com zone. DNS records are cached for a period of time, though, so the DNS servers you use (your ISPs or company's) would hold onto the information for that long.

Since DNS is a distributed database, it does take some time for information to propogate...

Laura