close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can't access my Yahoo E-mail account...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by goldenlight, Oct 9, 2012.

1. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

666-666-6666

321-456-7890

2. goldenlight

goldenlight

I just love all the great, really helpful people here in GNG.

you OBVIOUSLY didn't bother to READ my post, yet you feel entitled to spew out your 'words of wisdom'.

Why is that?

I hope that the next time YOU need help, a BUNCH of people JUST LIKE YOU, come and crap all over YOUR thread.

Because, you know: karma is a *****.

The world needs a LOT less people like you.:steamed::steamed::steamed:

3. NIB

NIB

Look around closely, there should be a skip/not now link somewhere. They make it real small and inconspicuous so you don't notice. I don't put my number either for the same reason.

4. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

5. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

I can tell you that since I gave Y! my cell #, which I did as part of their security upgrades after they noticed 'I' accessed my account from LITHUANIA late one night, that I haven't received any texts or calls from people that weren't already bugging me. Mostly I get calls from Johnstown, PA; it's the Red Cross badgering me for my blood. I really don't believe you have anything to worry about.

6. devildog2067

devildog2067

What did you expect? Did you think the SVP of Yahoo mail would see your post and make a special exception just for you?

Read every word. You can access your Yahoo mail, just by giving them your cell phone number. Even your thread title is wrong.

This is GNG, last time I looked, we all are entitled to say whatever we like.

7. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Yahoo basically does the same thing. You just leave the phone number field blank, and hit the "Save and Continue" button, and it takes you back to your yahoo homepage, then you can check your mail from there.

I just did it.

8. Tvov

Tvov

Actually, I have been doing that the last couple of days but the "security" screen keeps coming up, almost everytime I go to log in. Sometimes I leave the field blank and hit "continue", other times I go to "review my security settings", and then hit continue... but the next time I log in the screen comes up again. I assume and hope it will stop soon.

9. goldenlight

goldenlight

Thank you for posting the screen capture!

Strange: my screen doesn't have the yellow button for 'save and continue'. I have no idea why not.

When I use the link that says 'remind me later', it goes directly to the 'error 15' screen.

And for the record: my cell phone was specifically purchased so that my 90 year old Mother, who lives alone in the 4 level (THREE flights of stairs) house I grew up in, can get a hold of me, 24/7/365.

I sleep with my cell phone, to be sure it wakes me up, in case of emergency: I have had to take my Mother to the ER numerous times. Her insurance doesn't pay for a $2500 advanced care ambulance ride.

She has a LOT of serious health problems.

So, there are only five people who have EVER had my cell phone number: my immediate family.

I tend to stay up late, and get up late. I don't want some idiot from the Red Cross, or anywhere else, calling me or texting my cell phone.

I get texts from T-Mobile, ALWAYS between 3:00 and 4:00AM, at LEAST once a month, as it is, trying to sell me on $100 a month 'data plans'.

Yeah, I'll take 3 of those, and 3 new iPhones, too, because I have so much extra money lying around.:steamed::steamed::steamed:

10. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

You are causing yourself a lot of headache by trying to save a few cents. I don't get solicitors calling my cell phone, and if I did it would probably be quicker to answer the calls than all the time you've spent trying to avoid giving someone your phone number. But I'm sure you knew that.

11. thejellster05

thejellster05

OP you're a grouch man. Lots of anger coming out of the opening post. You won't get spammed get off your high horse. cheap skate.

12. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape CLM

Like several others here I regularly share my cell phone number with a variety of online services and retailers. I have had the same number for over 15 years, and I never receive spam calls.

Below is a snip from http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/details.html
    Yahoo! does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances...​

Of course one can choose to believe it's a lie.

-ArtificialGrape

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  13. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

...so do one of two things, both are easy:
    a- roll over and go back to sleep since you get to 'sleep late'
    2- turn the message tone off for incoming texts

14. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

If they do call just say: Put me on your effing "NO CALL" list. . .

15. goldenlight

goldenlight

Unfortunately, there's no way to turn the 'tone off' for text messages, on my phone. I don't have a 'smart phone'.

It doesn't have a keyboard, or a camera. It doesn't play MP3 files, or access the Internet.

I just have a 'stupid phone'. All it does is make phone calls, nothing else. I've never wanted to send a text message, because there's no way to know if and when people read them. If you call them and talk to them, they can't say 'I didn't get your text message'.

That's all I need it to do, since my elderly Mother only has a land line.

16. droidfire

droidfire

Get a google voice number. Give that.

Then get yourself a gmail account, and when you can log into yahoo again setup forwarding to go to the gmail account.

You're welcome.

17. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

I got this same annoying message. It is apparently a phishing scam that's making the rounds.

18. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I don't know Yahoo mail but from what you have said I think a couple solutions would be
    - Go to Walmart or one of those place and get the cheapest tracfone they have, around here they still have ones for $9.90 something plus tax that includes something like 10 free minutes. Activate it and use that number for logging in to your yahoo mail

- Download Thunderbird for free and set up your Yahoo Mail account as a client. Probably not the best approach if you want to access your yahoo mail from any computer but it should work to get your mail on your mail computer where you have Thunderbird.

19. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

What brand is it, fisher price? Every phone I've ever had allowed you to select a tone for the text and ringtone. Even the ones without a color screen.

20. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

Every phone I've ever had was able to turn off the message tone. What make/model is your phone??